cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sony xperia t lt30p touch screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello could anybody help me?? I got a Sony xperia t in January and last night for no reason the touch screen just stopped responding. All the buttons work fine the display comes on but when I swipe the screen to un-lock nothing. Anyone know how to sort this???

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless it magically rights itself.

Connect it turned on to PC Companion and then when it recognises the phone get it to do a firmware repair.

Be advised that you may lose any data that is not backed up to google. I'm pretty sure any photos should be safe but please don't quote me on that.

If that doesn't work then it's back to Sony for a repair. Don't go via O2 for your repair, go direct to Sony under the manufacturers warranty as O2's sub-contractors are money scroungers!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless it magically rights itself.

Connect it turned on to PC Companion and then when it recognises the phone get it to do a firmware repair.

Be advised that you may lose any data that is not backed up to google. I'm pretty sure any photos should be safe but please don't quote me on that.

If that doesn't work then it's back to Sony for a repair. Don't go via O2 for your repair, go direct to Sony under the manufacturers warranty as O2's sub-contractors are money scroungers!

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for you help. The repair did not work so it off to Sony

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
gillsfankev has his own opinion about Annovo (Repair service that O2 use) but it's not my experience. I had the handset back within 5 days fixed. Best to send through an O2 store.
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There are many horror stories about O2's repairers on here but I know people can only go off their own experience. Do a search in the box above for Anovo and you will see just a few of the many threads and posts about the type of charges people are having to incur for 'not covered by warranty' reasons.

To be honest I would always go direct to the manufacturer for warranty repairs.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a similar problem with my Xperia Z. I've tried the firmware repair but the screen is still unresponsive at times, so I need to get it fixed. However, my phone was a refurb, so I'm wondering if anyone knows whether it would be covered by a manufacturer's warranty? I'm thinking - probably not...

I have to say that it's a pretty disappointing thing to happen. I had an HTC before this phone and had no such problems with that in 2 years of having it. I've never known of this problem to happen with any of my friends' phones, either. Hey ho - you pay your money, you take your chances!

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
If it was an O2 refurb they only come with a 3 month warranty.
You might have more luck talking directly to Sony though.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 7