cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recent upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, ive just upgraded from an iphone to a samsung s6 and want to keep my number im getting directed to a page that asks for the new chip number but i cant find it anywhere? Is there an easier way
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
The serial number is on the sim package it came in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123393 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions
Message 3 of 4

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
If you are coming from an iPhone 5 or above and currently use a 4G SIM card you could just pop that into your new phone.

The new SIM should be in a blue pack with a white credit card sized plastic insert. This contains a triple SIM. You will need it in it's smallest form.

If you definitely do not have one either give customer services a call on 202 or pop into an O2 store who will be able to help.

Also if you have not done so you could get an O2 Guru to transfer your content or do it yourself if you have access to a computer.

Just download Samsung Smart Switch. Make a new backup of your iPhone on iTunes, then Smart Switch can copy your important things to your new device.
Message 4 of 4