cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone password locked

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Daughter changed the password on her phone, but for whatever reason it is not recognising it. The phone is a Huawei G7010. Apart from phoning Huawei on a premium rate number, is there anything anyone suggest to open it up to reset a password. Tried entering numbers several times, power on and volume buttons at the same time. Couldn't help in o2 shop, but suggested a guru might be abls to. Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
The manual states that you need to contact the service centre if you have forgotten your password, so I guess that's the only way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
The default password is 1234, have you tried that? Alternatively you could try continually entering the wrong code as Android usually gives you the option (eventually) of logging in with your Google ID. Finally the service number for the UK is 0844 800 6800 (5ppm from a BT landline)
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi nigeby.

Can you get to the dialpad, where you would make a call?

The easiest way would be to hit the emergency call option then enter:

##258741

This should start a full restore or the device (meaning all data will be lost).

If this still requires you to enter a potentially changed password then the device is in need of a reflash, something an O2 Guru will not be able to do.

Your only options would then to be find someone who could or send it off for repair - however last time I asked removal of customer change passwords was about £40.

Hope you get it sorted with the previous code.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried all these, but don't work
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't get to a dial pad, emergency mode only allows 999 calls
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
The manual states that you need to contact the service centre if you have forgotten your password, so I guess that's the only way.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Let us know how you get on after contacting them as MI5 suggests nigeby.

Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 7