cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple contact listing ... same person

Anonymous
Not applicable

how can i consolidate multiple listings of same persone who may have 2 email addresses and facebook etc

thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Go back to Kies (as in your other question) and wait for Kies to identify the phone. Run the troubleshooter if necessary. Once phone is connected pull all your contacts in from iTunes and they will sync to the phone. You can choose to hide contacts without phone numbers in the contacts app settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Use the "Join contact" function to combine any duplicates into one contact file.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a gmail account - i do not use this for my emails or contacts but phone asked for it and i added it

i have a hotmail ( now called outlook) account and i do use this for my email and contacts

i have somehow got a hotmail app on the phone plus my hotmail emails come through to a place just called email ( white envelope with what looks like a white rose)

i am sure all this is confusing my new phone - S3

i have just moved from broken iphone and i am confused too.....

please help me as i have email details from hotmail and facebook contacts and no one has phone numbers!

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Go back to Kies (as in your other question) and wait for Kies to identify the phone. Run the troubleshooter if necessary. Once phone is connected pull all your contacts in from iTunes and they will sync to the phone. You can choose to hide contacts without phone numbers in the contacts app settings.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok

i will try again

Message 5 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
How did you get on J_Y?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too have duplicate contacts - but only on the iPad version (iPhone version seems fine). The iCloud version of Contacts is good, and have tried deleting iPad app and reinstalling - no good. Any thoughts?
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I too have duplicate contacts - but only on the iPad version (iPhone version seems fine). The iCloud version of Contacts is good, and have tried deleting iPad app and reinstalling - no good. Any thoughts?

I think this would be better asked in the Apple section as it appears to be a question about iphone/ipad cotacts?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8