cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android app updates

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i have an o2 sony xperia z phone and i'm not sure if my phone is receiving android app updates from the Google play store, like the new facebook app with the new user interface, my sister and partner have received the facebook update but i haven't? And also my sister and partner again received an update for the youtube app but i didn't? But when i checked the current version it was 5.5.27 on the play store but when i checked my partners phone it was a higher version? But when i check facebook it said it varies for device... But i checked the reviews for the facebook app for my device and everyone received the new facebook user interface update but me?

I know it's alot i'm talking about but if anyone could highlight how android app updates work that would be great as it's very frustrating waiting for app updates to come when maybe they won't come at all...
Message 1 of 50
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem solved guys, they came through this morning! Thanks for the help 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 28 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes it's a staggered rollout on the App Store for iOS. Not sure about google play.

Another option is to delete the app and re download it as a last resort if the update is relevant to your model of phone and current firmware.

I assume their are no pending updates in your notification centre.

Help link https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412?hl=en
Message 2 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah i keep checking my apps on google play for updates and i have no updates, like you say it could be a staggered roll out but on google play you can check reviews on apps for you device and everyone with an xperia Z are claiming they have received the new facebook update but i haven't it's really irritating... 😕 as i'm not sure if my phone is the problem or the update is genuinely not available for me yet
Message 3 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the link any help ?

Message 4 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I've just looked, not really 😕 i already know how to check for updates but there is no updates supposedly available for me
Message 5 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe @MI5 could help here
Message 6 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would like to know how android app updates work
Message 7 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5 is a member on here with a great knowledge of all things android I've flagged this post for him hopefully he will be along to help soon
Message 8 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Damien
Message 9 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem your welcome slight_smile
Message 10 of 50