Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi Fi calling not showing on phone

GT4man
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I have a Samsung S10, which should be able to use wi-fi calling. The resion I need it is I now appear to be in a signal blackspot at home. 50 yards any direction gets the signal back!! Most annoying. 02 said no issues in area. Must be phone. Probably. Possibly. My neighbour has the same problem. Its as if someone has built an obstruction somewhere. Anyway, phone doesnt show wi-fi option. Does 02 provide the option as standard or would I have to ask for it to be enabled??? Would that then make the phone show it??? Any ideas pleas? Cheers

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@GT4man 

O2 need to enable it for you on your account then you need to turn it on in your MyO2.

Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

wifi on.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

In addition to advice above, note you need to be an O2 Contract, or Pay Monthly, customer to be able to use WiFi calling, @GT4man - just in case that detail was missed.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

It's in the link I posted.

Can I use Wifi and 4G Calling on Pay As You Go?

Wifi and 4G Calling isn’t available on Pay As You Go at the moment. It’s available to Pay Monthly Consumer and Business customers with compatible devices and services.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

It's in the link I posted.

Can I use Wifi and 4G Calling on Pay As You Go?

Wifi and 4G Calling isn’t available on Pay As You Go at the moment. It’s available to Pay Monthly Consumer and Business customers with compatible devices and services.

Yip. No harm in being helpful and mentioning it up-front as well 😇

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

Got it

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

GT4man
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately my phone wasn`t supplied by 02 and firmware not compatible!

It was on a different network when supplied new. Triffic.

Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@GT4man 

Unless it has branded firmware from another network it's complete rubbish you're being told.

Open EU firmware and instructions on how to install it on your phone can be found at www.sammobile.com

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8