cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turkey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am going to Turkey at the beginning of next month and was wondering what the cheapest way of making phone calls back to the UK is. I currently have the O2 Travel bolt on which I know does not work in Turkey and was wondering if I had any other optionsSmiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The only other option would be a local sim card if your phone is unlocked.

Apps such as Whatsapp, Line, Facebook Messanger and Skype allow you to make free calls over wifi if both parties have the apps installed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The only other option would be a local sim card if your phone is unlocked.

Apps such as Whatsapp, Line, Facebook Messanger and Skype allow you to make free calls over wifi if both parties have the apps installed.

Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Another option would be TuGo if you are a contract customer. This will use your allowances but again depends on a wifi connection.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree.

All you need is this form https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form and a alternative sim networks card preferably not one of the virtual ones.

When you get the unlock email just insert the sim in to complete the unlock sequence.

It's free to unlock for pay monthly contract customers and £15 for Payg (t&c apply)

Enjoy your trip.
Message 4 of 4