cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I am looking at getting a android tablet on pay monthly. I really like to Sony Z4 Tablet, but is it going to be replaced soon? Maybe with the new X range?
I dont want to buy it and then a month down the line there is a new version out and im stuck with the old one for 2 years.
Not a great fan of the Samsung tablets as they feel abit cheap to me.

Luke
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Z4 tablet is an absolute beast, there are no known plans to update it to a new model but yes, tablet X is inevitable, but to be fair, so is tab S3, etc.
Let's say Sony do announce tablet x this year, they won't do it until October at IFA at least and even then it will be just a tablet Z4 with an 820 in it and maybe a gb extra ram. You may see a 4k panel but more money for definite.
I still believe the Tablet Z4 is the best available and will be for some time yet.
Z4 is fast enough for any app or media, and will be for 2 years at least.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123234 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous One of our members @viridis has this tablet and is also an expert on all Sony devices. I have tagged him in the hope he will advise,....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Z4 tablet is an absolute beast, there are no known plans to update it to a new model but yes, tablet X is inevitable, but to be fair, so is tab S3, etc.
Let's say Sony do announce tablet x this year, they won't do it until October at IFA at least and even then it will be just a tablet Z4 with an 820 in it and maybe a gb extra ram. You may see a 4k panel but more money for definite.
I still believe the Tablet Z4 is the best available and will be for some time yet.
Z4 is fast enough for any app or media, and will be for 2 years at least.
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply!

Very valid points, i think i will go for it.
Like you said it is going to coupe with everything for the next two years.

One more question...
On the o2 website it is £562 on pay as you go and the total cost for the tablet on pay monthly is £625.
Why are they different?
Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123234 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for your reply!

Very valid points, i think i will go for it.
Like you said it is going to coupe with everything for the next two years.

One more question...
On the o2 website it is £562 on pay as you go and the total cost for the tablet on pay monthly is £625.
Why are they different?

In presume thats because you are buying the PAYG one outright...with contract it will probably be on Refresh and is paid for monthly. In effect a credit agreement?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is a credit agreement but they sell it as a 0% APR
Message 6 of 15

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Gimme a minute
Message 7 of 15

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's over 600 on any tariff, I'm guessing the payg option is reduced due to the sale.
On paym you get 120 knocked off airtime, payg must be saving on actual device.?..
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
The money off the airtime is just the current SALE. That is only on curtain tariffs and some tariffs you dont save any money.

So that should effect the cost of the device being different between payg and pay monthly
Message 9 of 15

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Like I said, I'm guessing.
God knows why it's that cheap on payg,
Message 10 of 15