cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I got a message notification, when I clicked on it I didn't recognise the number and there was no message so I deleted it, since then my phone as played a tune that keeps repeating.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it was my error, I must have switched the music on somehow, it went off after I tapped the small toolbar at the top of the screen, I assumed it was after I'd opened the mystery text that it started playing.

I realise now that the 'H' at the top was to show I was connected to my home WiFi, no idea how I switched on the music, I guess I must have done it accidentally.

I'm still getting used to the phone.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
Sounds like it was an attempted virus attack of some sort. I'd do a factory reset and not click on any unknown links again in the future.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've almost solved it!, thanfully it's not a virus.

I noticed a very small capital H at the top of the screen, (Galaxy Ace 2), when I tapped it the music stopped, I switched off and on and it reappeared so I did the same.

Now I need to find it in Settings

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
Where exactly at the top of the screen is it? Does it show if you pull down the notification bar?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it was my error, I must have switched the music on somehow, it went off after I tapped the small toolbar at the top of the screen, I assumed it was after I'd opened the mystery text that it started playing.

I realise now that the 'H' at the top was to show I was connected to my home WiFi, no idea how I switched on the music, I guess I must have done it accidentally.

I'm still getting used to the phone.

Message 6 of 6