Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Go & Xperia U gets ICS update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

To enjoy optimal performance and great user experience, O2 customers using Sony Xperia Go and Xperia U will be getting the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) software version over the next few days, exciting times, right? slight_smile

Some of the great features that you’ll get with the ICS update include the following:

• An all-new Sony media experience with the new WALKMAN application, the Album application and the Movies application

• Lock screen with improved functionality

• Resizable widgets (improved personalisation)

• Improved control of your mobile data consumption

• Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications

• Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user profile and data consumption)

To get the new ICS version, all you need to do is, connect your phone to a Mac or PC and use the PC Companion software to complete the update. It should take less than 30 mins.

Let us know how you get on this thread and which particular feature you like the most?

Xperia U      Xperia Go

Sony Xperia™ U                           Sony Xperia™ go 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers, Abs slight_smile
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145494 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27934 Solutions
That's a brave post Abs considering the JB announcement..... However, I notice no dates were mentioned wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

'over the next few days' is the key phrase. If only Abs had used the same phrase for the S3 and JB. Mind you, we all learn from our mistakes:smileywink:

Message 4 of 7

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
That's a brave post Abs considering the JB announcement..... However, I notice no dates were mentioned wink

It's all about giving you guys on the community first hand info we get about new devices and software releases. If I had any date with this release, I'd have definitely highlighted it in my post above wink 

Abs

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any more news on this update,seems to be taking forever :S
Cheers.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey I have been waiting weeks now for this update, on sonys site it shows am still on old software even no when I try to update it says I have latest update. Clearly not, si 1262 0728 update available and others on o2 have it. Feels like I am being held back 😞 and no advice around pls help
Message 7 of 7