cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s4 New firmware

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hate to bring this up again but I received my Samsung s4 last month direct from o2 on contract ,but I still don't have the new firmware tried update from kies but no joy
I repeat this phone was from o2 not cpw
Can anyone help or advise on who to call
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on about the firmware that lets you move apps to sd card
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm not sure if O2 have released this firmware yet so it might be good to trawl through this forum and Google too. Unfortunately O2 are seemingly one of - if not THE - worst at getting updates out.

Jonty.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ty for reply I looked threw the forum and yes most have the update only those who purchased phones at cpw don't.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 s4 here as well and not had the apps to sd update we will just have to wait
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you get s4 direct from o2 on contract or car phone warehouse
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

From what I've read and heard in times gone by firmware updates are typically released via carriers first, and then afterwards to handsets which aren't locked down, i.e. those sold by CPW, P4U, etc.  But O2 seem very poor at releasing their updates so you may find the unbranded devices beat this general rule.

For those who are happy to try a manual update, check out SamMobile and if you can find a firmware update (branded or just 'UK') then you can use software called Odin to perform the update.

Why O2 are so late to the party with updates is beyond me.  Typically I find their level of customisation and 'bloatware' to be very minor compared to Vodafone and others, so why their 'testing' takes forever is a relative joke.

Jonty.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it direct from o2 on contract

Message 8 of 8