cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Battery Drain, Worth a Restore?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Guys, Not new here but think this is my first post on the Forums.

I have a Galaxy S5 for about a year now. Have noticed the Battery isn't lasting as long on some days compared to other days when I very rarley use the phone. 

Normally in the morning I take it off charge from 100% (I do charge Wirelessly). After about 1-2 mins of just checking twitter and deleting the emails that have come in over night I have dropped 2-3% do you guys think this is normal. 

As I type this the phone is on 66% with screen on time of about 1 hour.

I would of thought that the phone would last a bit longer and have less drain with little use, I do have android wear so this can take into some consideration (Bluetooth being on etc.) I do also have location on but on 'Power saving mode'.

I also am unsure as I did a restore after I updated to Lollipop when it became available on my o2 branded S5. But with this restore from backup I do not get the samsung 'Jingle' when you turn the phone on (The phone volume is turned all the way up and isn't set on silent). Do you think this could be a bodged restore? 

Just wondering if anyone here has any advice they can send my way, Also is it worth a restore and use my phone just as is, With all the bits and bobs that are on there and see how it goes for a couple of days without putting anything else on?

I do use Nova as my main launcher and Hangouts as my Main messaging app for texts. 

Just wanted to give you all the details and sorry if iv'e rambled on too much. Smiley Embarassed

James

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Honestly it sounds about right to me.
Remember also there will be background data syncing email and other apps all the time even if you aren't using the phone yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122958 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

We have a Samsung expert on the forum called @MI5 I am hoping he will see this and come on to advise you...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Honestly it sounds about right to me.
Remember also there will be background data syncing email and other apps all the time even if you aren't using the phone yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys! I must just expect more from a battery tongue 

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It will improve when you get the 5.01 update wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just back to the Waiting Game :smileyhappy:, As sister has an unlocked S5 (CPW) and has since had 2 Software updates.

Message 6 of 6