cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor showing from O2 recently !

Anonymous
Not applicable

No Sony Xperia SP in Black (why ?), no OPEN Code discount on iPhone 5s or 4G Tariffs (why ?) and now an extortianate "Refresh" mark up on the new LG Nexus 5 (why ?).. do Customer Services read our posts.. are they bovvered ?

O2 should be encouraging the take up of new budget / mid-range phones and technology, especially to those long serving customers looking to upgrade that don't want free chocolate or soap, etc..

I'm now looking around for better deals elsewhere.. like a lot of others on O2 it seems !!!!!! 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of my last phones upgrades was with carphone warehouse and saved an absolute packet. I wouldn't even think about going through o2 direct now. The only reason would be for o2 refresh I guess, but for those happy with a phone every couple of years it's a no brainer. o2 direct is not competitive, so please shop around as there is absolutely no difference going third party as far as I can see.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You're always free to go elsewhere if you don't like the deals directly from O2.

It's a free market!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of my last phones upgrades was with carphone warehouse and saved an absolute packet. I wouldn't even think about going through o2 direct now. The only reason would be for o2 refresh I guess, but for those happy with a phone every couple of years it's a no brainer. o2 direct is not competitive, so please shop around as there is absolutely no difference going third party as far as I can see.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its true the independents can offer some better deals.

As you say some people like the idea of Refresh and the benefits it brings although as pointed out typically the handset price can be higher via this route.

I've always opted to buy my phones sim free and not be locked into any contract, but that works for me, and not everyone will want to pay out a large sum of money this way.

The beauty of choice   slight_smile

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
One of my last phones upgrades was with carphone warehouse and saved an absolute packet. I wouldn't even think about going through o2 direct now.

Hi, similar story here.  Recently upgraded but wasn't comfortable paying more to do it direct with O2 plus I wanted to move away from a branded handset and having to wait for software updates which take forever to arrive (or not at all).  Being happy with the O2 network I decided to upgrade via CPW.  Much cheaper and more liberating.

Jonty.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144636 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions
Don't forget though that if you are wanting to use an open code or F&F discount you have to go to O2 directly......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Being happy with the O2 network I decided to upgrade via CPW.  Much cheaper and more liberating.

A good decision, especially when you are saving money.

Good point from MI5 but many of us get no discount at all.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7