Did you mean: 

PS4 Remote Play now on Z2 Devices!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

Z2 Phone & Tablet… We all know how good these devices are, and with the new update being released today these devices are about to get even better. We’ve seen posts here on the community, your tweets, facebook messages and even private messages sent to me here. We know it’s something you all want now. So, that’s what we’re doing – we’ve worked closely with Sony to ensure the new update goes smoothly so without further a-do *drumroll*

11222.jpg

PS4 Remote Play
This is a feature that launched on the recent Z3-series of devices and is something these owners have loved and bragged about – the ability to play their PS4 games right on their mobile or tablet. With this new update, Sony are pushing this impressive and unique feature out to Z2 device owners so that should put an end to living room fights over who gets the TV.

Picture this – someone’s watching the latest episode of Coronation Street on the TV but you want to play the fantastic ‘Destiny’ game. Dilemma!? Not with the PS4 remote play feature though – simply turn on the PS4, connect your Z2 to your home WiFi network and play away.

Want to see and learn more about PS4 Remote Play? Head on over here

There’s more!

Sony aren’t stopping there – built into the new update are also these fantastic new features:

• On board Hi-Res Audio
  • DSEE
  • Additional Smart Social camera apps
  • New Battery Stamina mode
  • Quick settings
  • Record screen
  • Bluetooth Unlock

This update will be launching on O2 branded Z2 phones and tablets from today, so what are you waiting for?! Go get it! How? Easy – Go to Settings > About phone > Software updates > System updates. Alternatively, connect the Z2 to your computer via USB cable, fire up the PC Companion suite and update that way.

Let us know what you think of these new features.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sony are working on it, apparently there's an issue with dualshock 4's using the 2.4ghz band and causing interference with the connection.

I'll need the above later.
Please leave.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if Sony will ever allow PS3 to see PS4 users on friends list? I find it a bit depressing that half my friends have gone because they now own a PS4 😞
Message 3 of 3