cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to America

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to work in America for a few months and I want to take the Samsung Galaxy S3 I bought from O2 with me and get a local sim card to avoid roaming.

What network in the USA will support it? I know not all networks in the USA offer sim cards or are compatable with European phones.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

If your phone is unlocked you shouldn't have a problem. AT&T and T-Mobile are definitely available, but I think even Verizon, which is the biggest carrier in the US now offers sim cards, but possibly not for all phones. You should get a few low denomination PAYG cards when you get there, and see which carrier has the best coverage in the areas you're going to be, or speak to your US work colleagues and ask them who they use.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
AT&T and T-Mobile are big over there. If you get your phone unlocked cannot see a problem with compatability.
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

If your phone is unlocked you shouldn't have a problem. AT&T and T-Mobile are definitely available, but I think even Verizon, which is the biggest carrier in the US now offers sim cards, but possibly not for all phones. You should get a few low denomination PAYG cards when you get there, and see which carrier has the best coverage in the areas you're going to be, or speak to your US work colleagues and ask them who they use.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3