cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 Edge

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was having a little mooch around my local O2 store yesterday and looked at the Galaxy S6 Edge display model and I didn't like it! Honest first opinion the screen curving off round the edge just doesn't feel right, I don't know why, but it didn't feel natural! Based on that if I was buying an S6 it wouldn't be an edge - and I love my tech, especially new tech!

I know in a few years time a curved screens will be the norm, and we will be wondering how we ever coped without them, but it just shows how first impressions of a new technology can have quite a large influence on your opinions. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I know a lot of people who say the same as you @Anonymous  It appears you either love the curved screen or you hate it...there's no middle ground.

Personally I think it is far too expensive.... but that's just me. My son bought a good second hand car for less than the Edge and he is happy he did....(he isn't one who thinks having a flagship phone is anything to shout about) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

My son bought a good second hand car for less than the Edge and he is happy he did....(he isn't one who thinks having a flagship phone is anything to shout about) wink

The voice of sanity! Hero

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The Samsung store had sold out last time I looked so plenty of people are wanting it and willing to pay the asking price. It will be a £100 cheaper in a month... 

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wait because if you change your mind in a few months or a year it'll be a lot cheaper & worth the wait. After all it's only a mobile phone
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try telling a Note 3 or 4 owner that it is only a phone lol.

I love the concept of the S6 Edge but prefer the size of the Note series. However as @Cleoriff has quite rightly stated, sammy's pricing is just bizarre. Has put me off.

Consider this though. The Note 4 started life @ £629 but can now be bought sub £450 so the S6 will see the same price adjustment in a few weeks or months
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

This is all well and good......but @Anonymous 's reason for posting was that he didn't like the Edge and its curved screen when he had a good look at it. So I doubt he will be buying one, even if the price does drop LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
If you ask anyone who has held the edge they will agree just how super smooth and slick that curved screen is.....
And that is a flaw, I did discover that if you try to take a photo in the normal manner (landscape) that phone is gonna slip out of soooo many fingers.
I loved the feel, and the quality of the display, but that curve is gonna cause problems.
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed, if I were to buy an S6 it would be the one without the edge, so to speak.
Message 10 of 10