cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 constantly retreiving old emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Stupidly, I chose to go for an S3 as my upgrade, despite having an awful Android phone previously. Still, I saw a cheap deal and went for it...now, my MAIN problem (there are a number, the phone is pretty bad) is that the email client keeps retreiving old emails that have been read etc, 5 at a time, it's unbelievably infuriating. I've Googled but so far the only suggestion is to delete the emails permanently, which is just ridiculous.

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The S3 is an awesome piece of technology with top marks for customer satisfaction and reliability so if you're having reliability issues with yours, chances are it's a problem with your handset, not the S3 model itself.

If you're really unhappy with it and you're willing to expend a bit of time trying to fix it, carry out a cache reset, media reset and full factory reset via the clockwork manager, then plug your phone into Kies and carry out a full software reload, this will wipe all stored settings and your phone will be as fresh as a daisy.

I use the stock email for both aol and hotmail and everytime i've come across something peculiar, I usually find it's down to a setting (IMAP / POP3 etc..) that just needs tweaking.

If you've got S voice activated, you can just tell the alarm to snooze.

Do a bit of research first before slagging off what is an incredible phone which you will no doubt come to realise once you've got over your misconceptions / misdemeanours.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is this with the stock email app or a third party add-on..?  With the stock email app I've encountered a 'funny' when opting for automatic setup of an email account versus doing it manually, and I know other funnies exist out there.

You could try deleting and recreating the email account.  If that doesn't cure the problem then consider setting up the email profile manually rather than automatically.  And whether stock or third party email app perhaps use the application settings to delete the app's cache followed by 'clear data' if it's still being a nuisance.

You suggest you have other faults with the phone too.  Is it a brand new handset with the latest OS installed..?  If it will let you update to a newer version of the OS then try that before continuing.  For a new phone (and the S3 is damn good!) you shouldn't have problems so early.

Jonty.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jonty.

It's the stock app. 

I'll try deleting and recreating.

Yeah, it's a new phone, had it about 2 weeks now - just find it to be quite unreliable - camera app doesn't function correctly and basic things like trying to find the 'snooze' function on the alarm are needlessly difficult.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

The S3 is an awesome piece of technology with top marks for customer satisfaction and reliability so if you're having reliability issues with yours, chances are it's a problem with your handset, not the S3 model itself.

If you're really unhappy with it and you're willing to expend a bit of time trying to fix it, carry out a cache reset, media reset and full factory reset via the clockwork manager, then plug your phone into Kies and carry out a full software reload, this will wipe all stored settings and your phone will be as fresh as a daisy.

I use the stock email for both aol and hotmail and everytime i've come across something peculiar, I usually find it's down to a setting (IMAP / POP3 etc..) that just needs tweaking.

If you've got S voice activated, you can just tell the alarm to snooze.

Do a bit of research first before slagging off what is an incredible phone which you will no doubt come to realise once you've got over your misconceptions / misdemeanours.

Message 4 of 4