cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging a Samsung Galaxy ace 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I only seem to have a powerbar charger kit to charge my phone and no instructions. Do I need more? I can charge it from my computer.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Yes you can charge from your computer via usb but it isn't recommended to do it this way constantly... According to the Android forums it is too slow and never charges fully. Use the proper charger that came with the phone. Or buy another genuiner charger http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/high-power-samsung-galaxy-ace-4-charger-mains-p51665.htm

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
From o2's Shop site

"This phone doesn’t come with a charger

O2 is working to try and reduce waste. And as 70% of people already have a USB charger at home, we've decided to not include one with your phone. If you do need a charger, add one at a discounted price - you can do this after choosing your tariff. O2 does not make money from selling the charger separately."

Use the power kit and or purchase a dedicated official Samsung charger.
Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27695 Solutions
Make sure you buy a genuine Samsung charger from somewhere reputable.
Fake chargers damage phones and worse, cause fires.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

As for the statement from O2's shop about them not providing a charger for some phones?

Appallingly bad practice!

People who spend £100's on a phone deserve the right to have a genuine charger as part of the price. Having worked in the NHS and seen the results of burns, fires and explosions from counterfeit chargers I can only fear for the safety of people.

Not everyone will seek out a genuine charger......many will settle for the cheapest...So if this is a policy O2 are looking to implement further.....then they need to review it asap...Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27695 Solutions
As we said at the time they introduced it, they should offer one to customers if they want it.
I'm fine with the policy but forcing someone into another £7 (i think they quoted) on top of spending £500-600 + on a phone is a bit orf !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

With due respect @MI5 you are fine with it because you know the importance of buying a good genuine charger....others may cut corners and go for cheaper versions. Those are the people who worry me  slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27695 Solutions
Hence why I said they should offer a charger to anyone who wants one when buying a phone.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Hence why I said they should offer a charger to anyone who wants one when buying a phone.

Ok ...well we agree to some extent then...(As I think a charger should come in the box...with the phone...for the price you pay)....:smileywink:....but moving on....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

A phone should come with a genuine approved charger in my opinion. Yes I have so many USB wall chargers I've gathered over the years but when I go on holiday, I have 2 phones, at least one tablet and a Kindle. Imagine if they all only came with a USB lead. I would be forking out over £20 for chargers or God forbid, if I didn't know any better, buying 4 off Abdul down the market. Many people are unaware of the dangers of buying non genuine accessories so with a new device I EXPECT manufacturers to ensure my safety by supplying everything I need to fully utilise my device.

Anything else, whilst the reasoning about green living, the enviroment and landfill is aimed at our consciences and awareness, is in truth mere cost cutting and bottom line profits for these global companies. Are products supplied cheaper without a wall charger? Like hell they are!!

Message 10 of 14