cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant dial out on my phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Iv got a samsung galaxy s and for some reason tonight it wont let me make outgoing calls. Iv had it for 2 years now and never had a problem before. Can anyone please help, thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update 23:45hrs

The intermittent problems experienced by some of our customers today have now been resolved.

Routine upgrade work on our 2G and 3G networks led to unexpected congestion affecting around 1% of O2 customers. We apologise to those customers and thank them for their patience.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

There is a network problem at the moment: http://status.o2.co.uk/

Try cleaning your simcard and rebooting the phone

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update 23:45hrs

The intermittent problems experienced by some of our customers today have now been resolved.

Routine upgrade work on our 2G and 3G networks led to unexpected congestion affecting around 1% of O2 customers. We apologise to those customers and thank them for their patience.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I didn't know better BoB, I'd say you'd been copying and pasting the same entry over and over again wink

Does nobody read posts before posting their own? How many times can they be told that there is a network issue!!!

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I didn't know better BoB, I'd say you'd been copying and pasting the same entry over and over again wink

Does nobody read posts before posting their own? How many times can they be told that there is a network issue!!!

@Nope quite right @Anonymous,

but as long as the new network update gets out there , hopefully by the post i've left, which hopefully will hit the OP via e mail notification to their phone etc its all good.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know what they were actually doing? And did they know people were gonna lose service?

Weirdly, a colleague of mine with an iPhone (:smileyfrustrated:) who sits in the same office as me and lives within 8 miles of me didn't have any service interruption at all, whereas I lost data for 11 hours, as did my wife on her Lumia (though she hadn't even noticed until I checked for her! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know what they were actually doing? And did they know people were gonna lose service?

Weirdly, a colleague of mine with an iPhone (:smileyfrustrated:) who sits in the same office as me and lives within 8 miles of me didn't have any service interruption at all, whereas I lost data for 11 hours, as did my wife on her Lumia (though she hadn't even noticed until I checked for her! Smiley Very Happy

Its in the update. Upgrading the 2g and 3g servive which caused issues.

My calls and texts were fine.

my 3g slowed down but i didnt lose any service.

My partner who is also on o2 lost signal a few times.

Weird as she was sat right next to me !

Just shows different phones hang onto service better than others {possibly.}

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Take the upgrading reason with a pinch of salt guys. This was much more than an upgrading fault in my opinion.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Take the upgrading reason with a pinch of salt guys. This was much more than an upgrading fault in my opinion.

From my experience with EE since they launched, this is exactly what happens with the 4G rollout...

As much as it is stated it will make things better and there won't be any issues, there were....constantly.

When messing with the network it is inevitable. 

Message 9 of 9