cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Refusing to kick in on S4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

recently upgraded to an S4 with a 4g tarrif.
Yesterday it finally started working after transfering from my old S2 and i was all ready for 4g and yet it hasn't kicked in at all. In glasgow but coverage checker says my are is up and running.
I've reset the default apn settings and also tried to get new ones from texting 2020 but they didn't come through.
I havn't been all over glasgow as yet to test it but as the site says i should have it here.

Any ideas ?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

Go to Settings >Mobile Networks and check which "Network Mode" is selected. You need it to be 4G or LTE preferred.

2013-10-30 10.25.22.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Have you spoken to customer services on 202 NOT Live chat to ensure your account is set on for the 4g service.

Does your SIM card say 4g on it ?

It can take approx 24 hours to settle after a service change.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, thanks for the reply.

I checked the sim and it says 4G*** so i'm assuming thats a yes
The account status on my o2 says i am on the 4g tarrif but who knows as i have not called them yet. I hate calling up people to find out it was something simple.

I bought the phone in CPW on Friday and was told that it would be activated within 24 hours but it wasn't done by 11pm lastnight so i did the simswap on o2 website and by 6am this morning it started working so i guess i should leave it a little before trying again.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

Go to Settings >Mobile Networks and check which "Network Mode" is selected. You need it to be 4G or LTE preferred.

2013-10-30 10.25.22.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help, after changing and selecting each avalaible network and gsm/lte setting, it finally started working.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Good news...

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome.

Good to hear your up and running.

Sometimes if the networks busy it can take a little longer than the 24 hours stated.
Message 7 of 7