cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android operating system

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi u would like to buy a phone form my mum something that is capable of downloading o2 app and instagram etc I was looking at a phone that is android 2.3 is this cabable of downloading these apps? Thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23161 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

You must be looking at a very old phone. The latest Operating System on Android currently is 4.4, and soon to be 5.0. Which phone are you looking at?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144700 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Minimum requirements these days are 4.1 and above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The operating system is one of the considerations to look at when choosing but another is the hardware too.

I'd suggest making a shortlist of android , iOS and windows phones maybe and looking at YouTube reviews and visiting the high street shops to maybe try out the demo models.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android Gingerbread(2.3) was released in 2011. Whichever phone your're looking at must be fairly old, so I'd be concerned about how much RAM it's got to run modern apps, and the amount of storage it has for the photos you want to instagram...

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There are plenty of phones out there capable of what she wants to do but you need to be looking at something a lot more modern. If you can give us an idea of the price range we will be able to make recommendations based around that.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope am doing this right. Thanks everyone for the replies. The phone I was looking at was the Samsung galaxy young 2 which is in the o2 shop @ £69.99 went into tge store and this cey helpful employee steered me to tge moto E which is perfect so far thanks
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144700 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Moto E is much better slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9