cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the ramifications of unlocking a Galaxy S4?

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1) If I arrange through O2 to have my 13 month old S4 unlocked what affect, if any, would that have on the various features available to me - i.e. the various apps and "bloatware" that was pre-installed.

(2)  If, after unlocking, I were to use a new non-O2 SIM (eg from BT Mobile) to check out alternative service, network etc, (without at that stage having terminated my O2 contract) could I still re-insert the O2 SIM at any time and continue usage as before?

I hope that is not too much of a ramble.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144785 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27750 Solutions
1 - No effect at all (but you can only use some o2 apps whilst an o2 sim is in the phone).
2 - Yes
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144785 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27750 Solutions
1 - No effect at all (but you can only use some o2 apps whilst an o2 sim is in the phone).
2 - Yes
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
2 - Yes

Many thanks, @MI5   'tis refreshing to get a direct answer in language I can understand.  Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Bear in mind that to unlock the phone you need another network sim (not tesco or giffgaff) inserted at which point it will request you to enter the code that O2 will email to you.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Noted, thanks @jonsie
Message 5 of 5