cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Android system and phone has crashed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I purchased a HTC Desire S and updatd the android system software on my phone as it was set to factory default.  The phone has now crashed and won't go past the htc logo. I have tried the factory reboot by holding the volume button at the side but this hasn't worked. I have downloaded a toolkit which I thought would help with this but the device is not found by my computer. I left it in to a local phone shop and they had no idea how to fix it.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144392 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

OP said in their first post "I left it in to a local phone shop and they had no idea how to fix it."

Maybe they need to go armed with the link you provided to a different shop?

I would try a shop that knows what they are doing.

As I said, HTC's aren't the easiest, but not impossible to do.

All it needs is a ROM but I am surprised that a proper factory reset isn't fixing it tbh......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i have tried this but it didn't work unfortunately

Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok

I added the link as it suggests to press the power button and volume button. You said you held the volume button in your post.

you could speak to the uk support site of the manufacturers who will help.

Or as a second option ask O2 to look at it through their repairs services.

Edit ref wording.
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm trying to find a way to fix it myself as by the time i gte somebody to look at it i could have bought a new phone but thank you for your help. if anybofy has any other ideas i'd appreiciate the help slight_smile

Message 5 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144392 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
How did you update the software?
It sounds like you are in a soft brick situation and whilst it may be possible to recover the situation we'd need to know how you got to the point you are in currently.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23092 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

It's pretty much an outdated phone. Where did you buy it from? Did you pay much for it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

i updated the software just through the phone as when i swicthed it on it suggested to update it to the most recent operating system.

i bought the phone about 2 years ago however it has been in my drawer since then broken and never got round to getting it fixed due to various reason but i would like to fix it as its like brand new.

i know its an oudated phone but i have always had a soft spot for the htc desire/desire s models and would to use it.

Message 8 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23092 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

What was broken on the phone? The most recent OS you could possibly get on that phone would be Ice Cream Sandwich, which is now several generations off the latest Android OS. I understand your fondness for the phone, but maybe it's time to put it back in the drawer and get a more updated phone that will serve your purposes better.

There's a whole new family of HTC Desire phones. Why don't you look at getting one that will suit your budget?

http://www.htc.com/uk/smartphones/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

the phone was completely brand new and still is. when i updated the operating system it crashed and wouldn't go on again.

i only need my phone to make phone calls and text. i don't really use it for much else. i am currently using a very old nokia which is fine but it doesn't have wi-fi on it and the camera is rubbish. i was on holidays a few weeks ago and a phone with a wi-fi and a better camera would have been very useful

Message 10 of 22