cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff charges

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, iv been a customer of O2 for 2years on contract. I have samsung s2 but due upgrade. On reviewing different tariffs for S5 I'm wondering if you can tell me why it is £38 a month for 2GB unlimited calls and text through O2 website but only £33 for same tariff but with 5gb through 3rd Party still on O2 network? Thanks
Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
They do sometimes match a deal if
You speak to retentions.

Or yes upgrade elsewhere

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Independents can offer sweeter deals than O2 direct from kickbacks they get for opening contracts but they cannot offer the refresh tariff.
Message 2 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Asked many times.....
O2 pay a commission to the independents to sell contracts - Some of those independents use that commission to reduce the tariff prices in order to get more sales. More sales means more commission....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you are ok with being tied into a contract for 2 years then go with the independent but if you want the option of changing your phone before then it would be better to get the refresh contract through O2.

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
So let me get this straight ...I can cancel contract with O2 ..walk into shop get better deal for new phone back with O2 and probably keep my original number? Will O2 not match?
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even on refresh though you still have to pay to come out early!
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even better you could go into the independent and upgrade your existing contract at the cheaper price.
Message 7 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Even on refresh though you still have to pay to come out early!

Only for the handset.

Yes you can renew and keep your number through outlets such as CPW and stay on O2 if you wish.

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
They do sometimes match a deal if
You speak to retentions.

Or yes upgrade elsewhere
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Madness! I will call them tomorrow to discuss gggrrrrr...thanks for your time slight_smile
Message 10 of 19