cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Water Damage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, I need help.

I'm in the USA with the army at the minute, and the Sony Xperia Z2 I bought 3 weeks ago packed in after getting some water on it. I'm not back in the UK for about 6 weeks, and then I'm straight off to somewhere else. This phone is my only method of keeping in touch back home, apart from sporadic use of a net cafe when I'm in transit. What's my best bet for getting this sorted? Can/Will O2 send me a replacement phone?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 11 of 23

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Some info on Sony warranty here http://www.sony-asia.com/section/warrantyinfo
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phones can be quite resistant to water damage. It is worth perhaps trying to dry it out and see if it works.

Depends where the water got to and if it dried out quickly enough.

Leave it out in the sun or put on a radiator for a day or two.

Message 13 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23166 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Some info on Sony warranty here http://www.sony-asia.com/section/warrantyinfo

I have a feeling that the OP won't be able to meet the criteria required in Q3 of your link. Sony do a good job in making it as hard as possible to get a warranty repair, which this might not fall under anyway.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 23

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
I suspect nothing can be done until they are back home anyway....
Incidentally, when my Asus Fonepad (bought in Taiwan) when faulty, Asus sent a courier to my home to collect it and sent it to Germany to be repaired and couriered it back to me at no cost to myself whatsoever - Maybe all companies should follow the same protocol for International warranty.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 23

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree that's good customer support.

Hopefully the op will receive something similar.
Message 17 of 23

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
I was impressed and would wholeheartedly recommend Asus as a company to anyone....
Anyway, this isn't helping the OP so let's wish them well with their endeavours with Sony slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 18 of 23

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Hopefully he'll contact Sony and come back to update, time difference permitting.

Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Unfortunately, I have no family in the UK to help me follow this up. The O2 pay monthly customer phone line must have unusual hours as I cannot get through. I'm off to the middle east right after I'm home so I'd love to have this sorted before I go, it's the small things that keep morale up! Thanks all for the contact numbers, I have no phone to use at the minute so contacting SONY might be out of the question for a while, unless I can find an email address to communicate with them. I promise to follow this up and let everyone know how this progresses, hopefully others will benefit.

Regards!

Message 20 of 23