cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 freeze/pixel startup screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an issue with my S5 where it started not waking up from sleep - the two bottom lights would come on, haptic feedback would still register if you swiped screen (like incorrectly entering code) but the screen would stay black. A battery pull would fix this but now after a battery pull show a white screen with CMY (cyan magenta yellow) pixels. I still get haptic fedback similar to above, but i cannot do anything with the phone. Very frustrating. 

02 shop reccomended backing up and running minimal to rule out software issue, but i cannot even boot in safe mode now. 

I have a picture of the sceen but no way of uploading and sharing.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Anyone else got a fix?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's really good news.

At least you can now get on with enjoying it. slight_smile
Message 22 of 29

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
They never tell you what they do - Fingers crossed for you now slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot help I'm afraid, but just had the exact same thing happen to my S5 this morning after charging through the night, although not sure what you mean by the Haptic feedback registering.

Phone makes the noises of booting up, buttons appear to make the right sounds, but cannot see anything due to screen awash with CMY pixelation. Only way to lose pixerlation is to pull the battery.

Very weird.

Anyone else like to comment? Anyone got a fix for this? Calling O2

Message 24 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  Welcome to the forum...

I think if you read back on this thread you will see that the original poster, after trying everything, had to send the phone back to Samsung for repair?

Its seems theirs was a hardware fault. I would suggest that maybe your S5 needs to go back also....(Unless any of our android experts can give you further advice)...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cleoriff, Yes I just wondered that since the original poster others may have had this problem. 

It definitly looks like a hardware failure, so right now off to my local O2 shop (25 miles away) to get it looked at / sent away as quickly as possble for repair (hopefully).

Just holding my breath on the response from O2 repair as to why/ what cause/who's fault etc and then the 'negotaiting' likely as to who's fault, what caused it, how much is this going to cost me, as I do not have insurance as I am incredibly careful with my mobile phones, this S5 is and looks brand new, absolutely no marks or damage. Just a failed phone.

I know this sounds negative but it appears these things may only have 4 weeks warrantly from new (mine recieved end of last September) and with insurance at £12.50 per month etc etc (which I don't have). 

You get the piucture I'm sure. Thanks for responding BTW.

Message 26 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

All Samsung phones come with a 2 year warranty. (Excluding damage etc)

As you are not alone with this problem of freezing on startup etc it may well be a documented fault.

Best of luck. Please come back and let us know the outcome..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 29

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Can't see any issues with warranty on this - You may prefer to deal with Samsung directly or go via O2 repairs.
Entirely your choice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 29

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Samsung every time for me but I can see it may be more convenient for some rather than others. 

Message 29 of 29