cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - 4.1.2 update: when?!?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know when (or indeed if) the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is getting the 4.1.2 update on 02?

It seems we are last to the party in the UK:

United Kingdom - BTU                     25 Feb 06:59:30 Available
United Kingdom (H3G) - H3G           04 Jan 10:23:09 Available
United Kingdom (O2) - O2U             Pending Pending
United Kingdom (Vodafone) - VOD   04 Jan 08:33:07 Available

...according to http://www.sammobile.com/2012/12/11/galaxy-note-ii-receives-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-lots-of-... 

Anyone know?

TIA

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly all you will get from o2 is "Sorry we are waiting for Samsung to release the update to us", also no other UK carrier have had it yet and so what/where you read it is wrong. Those are what I've been getting for a long time now 6/8 weeks, I did get told once it will be released tomorrow but sadly Tomorrow never came. Good luck in trying to find out as I'm waiting for and as it fixes a security bug why o2 are so slow is beyond me.
iechyd da

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly all you will get from o2 is "Sorry we are waiting for Samsung to release the update to us", also no other UK carrier have had it yet and so what/where you read it is wrong. Those are what I've been getting for a long time now 6/8 weeks, I did get told once it will be released tomorrow but sadly Tomorrow never came. Good luck in trying to find out as I'm waiting for and as it fixes a security bug why o2 are so slow is beyond me.
iechyd da
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. Kinda what i expected tbh.  Still, odd that you say no other carriers have had it when the chap sat next to me in the office, who is on T-Mobile, had the upgrade via kies about 3 weeks ago.

Oh well, not that its a huge upgrade, so I can wait. However, when 5.0 comes out and that is available, and 02 procrastinate then, I'll be outside O2 head office with pitchforks and a lynch mob slight_smile

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tell me about, when I was on live chat to a guru my mate was next to me and his N2 is running 4.1.2, but sadly the guru told me I was wrong, I even offered to send a screen shot of it but he no need as I was wrong. In the end I gave up.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now 5.0, Key Lime Pie is coming in May, no prizes for guessing how long it will take O2 to get this to us.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/android-5-0-key-lime-pie-releas...

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

i was wondering when i will get 4.1.2 also, i dont want to have to root my fone and flash a custom rom, all other carriers have it so im guessing there must be a reason we dont.

maybe we will just get the 4.3 update which is meant to be end of msy i believe but then since we on o2 that could be end of the year 😞

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just gave up in the end and flashed it with the generic UK ROM...

http://androidromupdate.com/2013/04/11/install-n7100xxdmc3-galaxy-note-2-n7100-much-smoother-android...

...I didnt even need to root the phone, and as it was a straight upgrade it kept all the settings and apps etc i had installed.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just offered 4.1.2 over the air. Installed and seems to be working fine.

Message 8 of 8