cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Nexus problems after Lollipop update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I have been having some (very frustrating!!) problems with my LG Nexus 5 after downloading the Lollipop (Android 5) update a few days ago.

First after the update my screen had two pink bands going down the sides of the screen and some dark patches at the top. These seemed to fade after a day or two and after contacting LG about it they suggested a factory reset which seemed to completly solve the problem.

I was also having a problem with the vibrate function after the update. I had my phone set so that it would vibrate whenever a text message would come through to alert me. This didn't work - everything had been set up correctly but it didn't work. When I done the factory reset it worked again... for a few hours and then suddenly stopped again!

Another problem I have after the factroy reset was the screen would randonly freeze on wake up. I could see the notifications bar at the top and was able to access it (though pressing anything didn't do anything) and could see the three keys at the bottom of the screen (again, pressing them done nothing). The rest of the screen was black.

Does anyone know how to properly fix these problems? My phone is still under warranty but would like to avoid having to send it away to be fixed if possible!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I read yesterday that the new update is causing issues for many users, I think you will have to wait for the bug fix update.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Maybe coincidence but a few are having certain issues.

See my recent thread here -> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/News-Android-Lollipop-update-causes-problems/m-p/819770#U8197...
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I read yesterday that the new update is causing issues for many users, I think you will have to wait for the bug fix update.

Message 3 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144394 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Sometimes, more than one factory reset is required.
There may also be some apps that you are installing which haven't been upgraded to be compatible yet, so it may be worth trying the phone with just the stock apps for now to see if the problems are still apparent.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it seems a good few people are having issues! Hopefully a fix comes soon as having to restart my phone and do a factory reset everyday is getting ridiculous!

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your comments so far. I have just done another factory reset and will leave it and not install any apps to see if that makes any difference. I had read somewhere that Chrome could be causing the freezing issues and to disable it.

If I had known this was going to happen I would have waited until next week as I am going away for the weekend and needed some of the apps!

Message 6 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23092 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Being an early adopter of a new OS always comes with hazards. Apple encountered problems with the launch of IOS 8 and 8.1. I'm sure fixes are being worked on. You'll just have to be patient.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the thing.

For some users there are no issues, where others are not so lucky.

Hoping @MI5 advice will do the trick and if not, hopefully the fix will roll out soon!

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've heard this on the Internet regards of 5.0V Update coz problems with thos mobile phone who's received this updated. Google it n you will find more information about it .
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable