cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High battery consumption since 5.1.1 system update S6 Edge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

For some reason I'm getting very heavy battery consumption since a system update to 5.1.1 a few days ago, it drops from 100% to 61% in 6 hours while I'm sleeping and it seems to take longer to charge.

If I check Battery Usage it tells me that the Clock and Weather app I use is the culprit but nothing has changed there. Anybody else notice a similar problem?

I'm fairly disappointed with this phone to be honest, poor wifi, data and phone signal reception - even when I'm at home the wifi is very slow when I go upstairs and if I go to my workshop in the garden it switches to Data even though I'm only 50ft from my router! I also have to keep manually switching from 4G to 3G when I'm out and about to get a phone signal and in many places where I had good Data reception with my HTC One it's non existent with the S6.

It also keeps getting very laggy and slow to respond, shouldn't have to keep rebooting the phone every other day.

Are there any fixes for these problems?

T.I.A.

Ron

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

So I uninstalled my Clock and Weather Widget and this morning it's even worse, went to bed with it on 100% and it was on 48% when I woke 7 hours later!

If I reinstall the firmware will I lose all my apps and settings?

Thanks,

Ron

Message 11 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
My input on this is to back up everything using Samsung Smartswitch and then do a factory reset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll do that a bit later today. What's the best way to do a factory reset?

Thanks,

Ron

Message 13 of 20

MI5
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
You can do it from the Settings menu but I prefer to do it from the recovery menu, which is accessed by turning the phone off and then holding vol up + power together for about 10 seconds.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Well that fixed the high battery consumption but my back up didn't work properly and I lost a fair bit of stuff, what a pita it is to try and remember everything I had!! Geting some other weird goings on too but I'll maybe start another thread for that.

Thanks all for your help.

Cheers,

Ron

Message 15 of 20

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
No worries Ron.
Line 'em up and we'll sort 'em out for you wink

Currently using:
Message 17 of 20

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exact same issue on a Sony Z1 Compact since a week ago.  I'm going to do a factory reset later once I've backed everything up.  I read that it's an issue with Android software leaking memory, resulting in the phone constantly restarting all the apps on it.  Go into the apps page and see the running apps, they're all restarting, and the phone is red hot to the touch.

Message 19 of 20

MI5
  • 144680 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
The memory leak issue was fixed in 5.1 (supposedly)....

Currently using:
Message 20 of 20