cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE - Lollipop Update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So my Tab S updated to Lollipop a few hours ago - so I thought I would do a first glance review.

In terms of performance I notice no difference from kit kat 4.4.2 - all seems very smooth as you would expect from this high end device.

First thing I noticed was the lock screen layout has changed with the time and date now centered in the middle of the screen.

Screenshot_2015-05-27-14-29-59.png

Nothing has changed on the main screen in terms of looks and layout.

When you pull the notifications down from the top you can see they have changed.

Screenshot_2015-05-27-15-00-38.png

The window only pulls down as far as there notifications to display and doesn't appear to show the network, and these are displayed on white tiles - each can be individually dismissed as before.

The look and feel of the settings and other windows has changed to a white back ground from the dark background of 4.4.2 - it looks a lot cleaner in my opinion.

Screenshot_2015-05-27-15-28-56.png

When you click on the task manager button the layout of the tabs has changed

Screenshot_2015-05-27-15-46-52.png

You can now flick through the tasks and the scroll in what I call carousel style. The advantage of this is tasks become bigger as they move nearer the main position so it's easier to see what's what - as before you can dismiss tasks individually by swiping the tile to the left or the right.

And that's about it so far - first impressions, it looks very nice and doesn't appear to impact performance.

Over the next few days I will keep an eye on the battery life etc and delve deeper into what Lollipop has to offer on the Tab S.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Mirrors my experience updating the Note 4...hoping now that the 10.1 Tab is on the update rollout ☺

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122932 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Good info @Anonymous. Looking forward to reading the rest of it. Thanks for the picture gallery wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Awesome review @Anonymous, lots of others here will be reading this I'm sure.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure what I've got other than its a Samsung tab but code is SM T520 and it's not on lolly though my s5 I think updated very quickly though I reckon I did it through kies ( with a lot of bad language accompanying it ) I haven't really used my android devices properly as I'm an apple girl but I do want to learn a bit so you'll see me pop into the android threads.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not sure what I've got other than its a Samsung tab but code is SM T520 and it's not on lolly though my s5 I think updated very quickly though I reckon I did it through kies ( with a lot of bad language accompanying it ) I haven't really used my android devices properly as I'm an apple girl but I do want to learn a bit so you'll see me pop into the android threads.

You have a Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 WiFi - as far as I can find out so far there is no info when lollipop will land for that device.

Message 6 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone from the dark side is always welcome! Fantastic

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you @Anonymous that rings a bell 😄
@perksie thank you ( I think ) 😉
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You have a Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 WiFi - as far as I can find out so far there is no info when lollipop will land for that device.

I have the same. ..waiting.....

Message 9 of 9