cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 arrived with broken seal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firs of all I'm a new customer to 02 and I opened up an account with a Galaxy S7

The first one arrived a couple of days ago by UK mail, fully sealed, however the device was defective (screen uniformity was uneven, yellow display) so I called up 02 returns and they were happy to send me a new device

Today I got the new device, however the seal on my S7 box was broken and when I took the phone out of the back and looked at the back of it, the back of the phone was marked like it had already been used

I called 02 returns up again and explained the situation to them and they're going to send me another device however they couldn't tell me why the seal had been broken

I'm thinking that maybe 02 are reselling returned phones, has this happened to any one else

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Personally I would never accept a phone if the seal was broken. There is never a need for anyone to open a box to check for anything as far as I am aware. We are advised 'Do not accept if seal broken'. That says it all

I wouldn't accept it either.

Long thread here about the problem :

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Galaxy-S7-seal-broken/m-p/955276/highl...

It's very probable that O2 are resending them out when people have returned them.

Message 11 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Normally, the warning 'Do Not Accept If Seal Is Broken' is one of the seals on the box of a phone or electrical item. The OP is not obliged to accept a phone with a broken seal. It's a brand new contract. They should have a brand new phone. As far as I'm aware, we haven't seen any other posts recently from anyone else regarding broken seals on any other phones. Just the S7.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 16

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It does seem to be unique to the S7 and there can be no excuse for phones being delivered with a broken seal. Reconditioned phones are normally sent without a box, just a plastic bag. Any with seals broken should be returned by O2 to Samsung rather than being passed on to the next unsuspecting customer.

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
What if my replacement device comes with another broken seal I don't think 02 would send another replacement
Message 14 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

I think it's your right as a consumer to get a phone that hasn't been tampered with and has an unbroken seal. Obviously the choice would be yours, but if it were me, that's what I'd demand. If O2 refused to supply that, I think I would cancel my contract and get the phone elsewhere. An excuse of 'that's the way we're getting them' wouldn't cut it for me. We've not heard of any other phones arriving like that. This is a personal opinion. You'd have to make a decision yourself when the next one arrives.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I would also make sure you tell CS that you will NOT accept your new phone if the seal is broken on the box.

As we have said a new contract requires a new phone. We were given various assurances that there was never ANY reason for a new phone to have its seal broken..... 

Out of interest did your phone have a charger in the box?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 16