cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Sound Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

All, I've recently discovered an anoying issue that has developed with my Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. All of a sudden, the ear-piece speaker has stopped working. Not only that but the headphone jack sound quality is now terrible.

This is the same using any music app and also phone calls.

So I thought that maybe the hardware was faulty so I replaced the earpiece speaker but this hasn't solved anything. Then I considered it to be a software issue so I restored to factory settings but this hasn't solved it.

Any ideas?

Ta.

Melbra

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144882 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Something like "Poweramp" may help to prove it one way or another.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so I've found the app and it's called Soundabout. This is where you can define where the sound is routed instead of the app deciding.

Both the ear piece speaker AND headpone jacks now work....for now.

So far so good.

Message 22 of 25

MI5
  • 144882 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Out of interest, what headphones are you using?
Do they have the correct pin outs for the Galaxy jack plug?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried a variety. The headphones that came with the phone, an old iphone set and the headphones from my Galaxy S2. The issue was the same for all of them. 

Amazingly the sound now works better than ever.

Would recommend the SoundAbout App if you have this problem. I may change my mind if the problem returns though....

Message 24 of 25

MI5
  • 144882 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
I'll have a look at it......

Currently using:
Message 25 of 25