cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antenna down locally for at least three days!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had no signal at work since arriving last monday morning, just seeing a no network message on my phone. Each day I have checked the status website and the same message has been displayed that there is a problem with an antenna and they are waiting for their third party contractors to attend.

I have spoken to the online chat but couldnt get an ETA for its repair and even sent an email to the CEO together with a transcript of that chat but still nothing apart from a mail saying they aim to reply within 5 days!

What an absolutely appalling service this is especially as many of my colleagues who do not have the misfortune to be stuck with O2 have perfect signals.

Is there any way I can escalate this and find out why this has been happening on and off for up to a year??

Regards

Pete

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23174 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

If the status is showing that they're aware of the problem, there's little you can do. From what you have said, it seems there's little that O2 can do if it is in the hands of third party contractors to carry out the repairs. All I can suggest is that you speak to Customer Service once you have a signal again, or when you're in an area that has a signal. In situations like this they have been known to offer goodwill gestures to ease the time you've not been able to use your phone. Cold comfort if you've been going through this for a while, but not much else you can do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Mablethorpe and we have had absolutely no signal here for at least three days.

The whole family is on O2 which means we have 5 phones that have been ablsolutely useless for the past few days. There was no way to keep in touch with family, friends or work.

I have resorted to going to the local shop and buying  pay as you go sims for an alternative network just so we are able to communicate. This means l am now paying twice just so that we are able to make a phone call.

It would not be so bad if this was a one off for O2 but it is a recurring and extremely annoying problem which does not seem to be improving any time soon.

I would expect a much better level of service from a supposedly reputable compay and if things do not improve soon all 5 of us will be changing to an alternative network.

1 out of 10 for customer service O2. Decidedly unimpressed

Message 3 of 29

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It appears your area is being upgraded to 4G:

Live results for Mablethorpe, Lincs, England

• Sorry we're currently working on a phone mast in this area

You might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails.

Our Network modernisation programme to improve 2G and 3G coverage and roll out 4G has reached this area. It does mean that you may experience intermittent service on your mobile device while our engineers 'do their thing'.

We’re sorry about that, but we’ll do our best to minimise any impact to your signal.

Updated 12:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a manager for one of the regional electricity supply companies Im sure that none of the senior managers at O2 would be too impressed if our contractors took over 3 days to attend to a problem with their electricity supply.

It is diabolical customer service and I will be looking to take my business elsewhere as soon as I can.

Regards

Pete

Message 5 of 29

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

As a manager for one of the regional electricity supply companies Im sure that none of the senior managers at O2 would be too impressed if our contractors took over 3 days to attend to a problem with their electricity supply.

It is diabolical customer service and I will be looking to take my business elsewhere as soon as I can.

Regards

Pete

No doubt it will be fixed as soon as possible, there are many reasons for delays but none of them last longer than necessary.

You could always try another network but they're all about the same. 

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 29

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I can understand the frustration around this, but as said by others here, O2 is and will be looking to get it fixed as soon as possible.

@Anonymous , what is your general area? I'll still ask for any updates, even though the status checker will also be updated.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

My postcode is IP38AA

and as I say its been on and off for months but this time for at least three days

Regards

Message 8 of 29

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

According to http://status.o2.co.uk/ your mast is down, I doubt anything can be done to speed up the repair time.

Live results for Ipswich, Suffolk, England, IP3 8AA

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working

Sorry, there's a mast near you that isn't working and we're waiting for our third party supplier to visit the site to fix the problem.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Updated 13:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Message 9 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You can ask customer service to advise you by text with regards to repair time frame. 

Message 10 of 29