Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severely mistreated by O2 as trying to switch from PAY MONTHLY to PAYG

Evgenia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After being a loyal pay monthly client for 17 years, I left the UK and a pay monthly tariff doesn’t serve me anymore.

I spoke to O2 about switching to PAYG in November. I followed all their guidance and got to the point where they had to make the switch happen.

instead, however, they keep desperately trying to sell me on other pay monthly tariffs and passing me on from agent to agent without ever doing the switch.

A few of my countless calls did end with agent assuring me that the switch will happen in 24h but it never actually did ……

It’s now February 28th and I am still in the same position, having wasted probably 100 hours hanging on the phone with them by now.

Wrote to them twice — automated emails stated they’d respond within 7 days — still nothing.

Requested to speak to manager — another hold until the calls would disconnect after the hour and then start all over again from square one ….

Meanwhile I keep receiving monthly bills, when I’m not even using my phone. 

I am speechless and feel deeply manipulated  by a company I thought I could trust.

Can anyone please help me put an end to this torture …..

Thank you 

After being a loyal pay monthly client for 17 years, I left the UK and a pay monthly tariff doesn’t serve me anymore.

I spoke to O2 about switching to PAYG in November. I followed all their guidance and got to the point where they had to make the switch happen.

instead, however, they keep desperately trying to sell me on other pay monthly tariffs and passing me on from agent to agent without ever doing the switch.

A few of my countless calls did end with agent assuring me that the switch will happen in 24h but it never actually did ……

It’s now February 28th and I am still in the same position, having wasted probably 100 hours hanging on the phone with them by now.

Wrote to them twice — automated emails stated they’d respond within 7 days — still nothing.

Requested to speak to manager — another hold until the calls would disconnect after the hour and then start all over again from square one ….

Meanwhile I keep receiving monthly bills, when I’m not even using my phone. 

I am speechless and feel deeply manipulated  by a company I thought I could trust.

Can anyone please help me put an end to this torture …..

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10299 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

@Evgenia 

There is no Customer Services on this customer to customer forum, and no one has access to your account.

My advice if your contract has ended is to port to another network's PAYG offering as no point staying with o2..  (But the new network will expect you to be in the UK).

Your other problem is that your sim is not in the UK, which can cause problems with sim updates..

Have a look at this guide on how to complain, bear in mind it takes upto 8 weeks to get a response https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

Evgenia
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. The whole point of this is to keep my number... As I will be returning to UK, just at the moment I am predominantly abroad..

I did write to complain too -- nothing there either. 

Message 3 of 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6819 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1527 Solutions

Sadly, this is a community made up of customers like yourself so we can't access accounts.

Also, forget loyalty this counts for nothing. O2 is not the same as it was 17 years ago and the influence of Virgin Media is seen in the attempts to upsell rather than sort out problems

You could use social media, it's slow but the team there seems more clued up.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , X Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 7

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Evgenia wrote:

I did write to complain too -- nothing there either. 

At the moment @Evgenia, complaints are taking O2 some eight weeks to investigate and respond to. And during that period, you will find it difficult to get other O2 teams to engage with you and solve your problem.

Do please try the social media route as suggested by @Enlli, but please don't be too disappointed if they say that you have to await the outcome of your complaint before they will help you.  

Message 5 of 7

HateHoldMusic
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you write via email or have proof of complaint? If so, and this was over 8weeks ago and still no resolution, you can raise a complaint with the communications ombudsman. 

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@HateHoldMusic 

I read that as being that @Evgenia had complained on 28 February ; but on reading it again, i don't think we really know. 👍  

Message 7 of 7