cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Virtual Interview- 30/04/14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

Our Network is a topic that is dear to the hearts of all of us here in O2 as well as to our customers.

We recently shared with you some of our Network stats and reinforced our overall commitment to strengthening our Network over the next few years here - and now we’re taking that a little further with you guys on the Community.

We’re having a ‘Networks’ Virtual Interview!

This is a no holds barred opportunity to ask some of our most Senior techies about our Network and our future plans. 

We have the fabulous Andy Conway and Brendan O'Reilly (and some of their teams) who look after the quality of our Network and oversee our future rollout plans. 

This is not just a 4G Virtual Interview. Our focus is just as much on our 2G and 3G networks as well, so we want to talk about all of that as well. 

We’re currently updating all of our Network throughout the UK as part of a huge modernisation programme – building a better experience for our entire customer base of 23 million.

Check out this EXCLUSIVE video with an insider view for all you guys in the Community.

The Virtual Interview will be held on the 30th of April between 12 and 1pm

To have your question answered, please make a reply post in this thread. Also, if you could write your question in bold font, it will help us to find them easily.

Remember no question is silly even if it may seem obvious so please ask away!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Thanks @Anonymous 

As a long time customer in a rural location but on a major road the A30 somerset dorset borders we are in a 3g not spot along with alot of the villages along the a30 in dorset and somerset .

Our Village Henstridge is one of the larger parishes in south somerset are there plans to bring us 3g as part of the 200 areas that will get 3g for the first time ? Also what about rural 4g as a business buying the po pup office would be handy for adsl failures!

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Brad.

Sorry I cannot write in bold as the forum software does not allow me to use the rich editor in my iPhone or iPad air !

Are we going to see improved data allowances on Payg Tariffs.

I'm on a 4G payg tariff which is super fast ,but the limited 1gb data package throttles use.

Adding bolt on's is expensive.

Some recent feedback on the forum from members has been in connection to the lack of communication on O2's site regarding roll out of 4G and upgrades to existing masts - Areas / timescales etc.

Why are O2 Boost boxes only for Business Customers.

Removing the ability to switch to 2G when a person upgraded to 4G in a phones settings certainly raised a few eyebrows. I know some further firmware updates allowed this on certain phones. Currently on my iPhone 5s this is still not achievable.

My positives are I attain over 50mbps 4G Speeds in Leeds with strong 3G too.

Network signal is strong and voicecalls are crystal clear.
Message 3 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Brad I cannot write in bold either on the ipad

I would like to know lyca mobile are offering unlimited data on 4g which will use o2s infrastructure how will this affect O2 customers and their speeds
Message 4 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Brad,

I just wanted to ask is O2 ever going to give more than 8gb data or go unlimited any time soon?

Message 5 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Brad

One of the most common questions. Much of the South West only has poor 2g services. Are we likely to see 3g as part of the 200 upgraded areas?
Message 6 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Brad

A question from me please.

Where o2 only offer a poor 2g service which is intermittent, why are we expected to pay the same as those who get superfast 4g or even 3.9g services?
Message 7 of 49

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@Toby this again highlights the need for rich text for ios devices If you want bold for questions (on my ipad now)
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 49

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi Brad

Similar to Adam's question, my disabled OH lives on the Surrey Kent borders in the Tandridge district just a mile and a quarter from the M25. When there I can only ever get a 2g signal on O2 and sometimes not even that. That persists even when back on the M25 motorway usually until the M23 Junction. Is this area within the 98% coverage commitment O2 gave for the 4G spectrum bid?

Other networks are as bad with no service to occasional 3G so not an option either.

Also when in Woolacombe, Devon I only get 2g calls only (no data service), so similarly is this an area to be upgraded?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 9 of 49

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Can O2 publish a list of areas and dates when upgrades to 3G/4G and a possible roll out schedule rather than 'by the end of whatever year'?

Message 10 of 49