O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Highlighted
Community Manager

New Family Plan with powerful online safety tools!

Hey everyone, 

The Family Plan

O2 has some great news for families today with the launch of their new Family Plan. This unique plan provides one simple account and bill for the entire family, offering up to 50% discount on up to 20 connections

Billing made easy 

When adding new connections you'll have the choice between any O2 Refresh pay monthly tariff or SIM only tariff, with unlimited minutes and texts on tariffs over 1GB. To keep things easy to manage and simple, all the connections you have will receive one simple bill which can be managed through your My O2

Parental controls 

the Family Plan includes a full subscription to parental controls software, Qustodio Premium, at no additional cost! The great thing about Qustodio that that it isn't specific to any single device, OS, or network, working across iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows. 

Qustodio gives parents the ability to manage children’s screen time across multiple devices, filter inappropriate content, set time limits on certain apps, block other apps altogether, monitor social media use, location tracking, and other emergency features like panic buttons.

In addition to Qustodio, The Family Plan also gives families access to an online hub featuring free help and advice from O2’s award winning partnership with the NSPCC. The advice aims to equip parents with the knowledge, skills and confidence to help keep their children safe online. For example it includes access to the Net Aware guide, a guide to the top 40 apps, games and social media sites that children are currently using.

As part of O2’s broader commitment to families, customers can benefit from exclusive family offers and perks via O2’s benefits programme, Priority. These include free access to top UK attractions throughout the summer. 

O2 customers also receive free access to O2 Gurus, both in-store, online and over the phone, offering personalised device and technical support.

Nina Bibby, O2’s CMO

“We recognise that managing family life in today’s digital world can often be complicated and as a parent myself I have first-hand experience. So our new Family Plan has been designed to keep our customer’s family mobile bills both simple and affordable, whilst also providing peace of mind when it comes to online safety with comprehensive parental controls software. Combined with access to exclusive family offers and personalised support, we want to help simplify our customer’s lives so they can make the most of that invaluable family time.”

More info on the new Family Plan

So, what are your thoughts on the new Family Plan? Will anyone be taking advantage of this new plan? Let us know below! smiley

We're looking for new Community members!

→ Check out these lovely quotes from our existing community members! 
  → Join our forum by registering here 
5 reasons to belong to the O2 community

Topics: 486

Re: New Family Plan with powerful online safety tools!

Can we add a link to this thread in the community discount help thread please @Martin-O2 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Sony Z5 DS (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum. When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, are taken away.

Topics: 605

A great idea @Martin-O2 should be useful for families. Echoing @MI5's request for the info to be added to the existing guide.

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

@MI5@Cleoriff Yes that's a good call! I'll add a link now. 

We're looking for new Community members!

→ Check out these lovely quotes from our existing community members! 
  → Join our forum by registering here 
5 reasons to belong to the O2 community