Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Highlighted
Community Manager

O2 Guide to MMS charges

Hi everyone, 

We have another video guide from O2, this time the subject is MMS charges and how to avoid unwanted charges for these messages. Check out the guide below! 

Please let us know if you have any questions or tips around MMS sending and for more details check out the community created guidewink

Check out also these other video guides from O2:

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

Re: O2 Guide to MMS charges

Very useful @Martin-O2 if you send loads of text messages.

I use WhatsApp for messaging or send an email. I can't remember the last time I sent a text. 

I usually get a text from Waitrose when I've got a shop coming but that's the extent of my SMS use.

But very useful for pay monthly customers who text and the same for PAYG customers who text a lot thumbsup

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 677

Thanks for the guide @Martin-O2 . It is interesting. I do still send texts as not all of my friends have Whatsapp or Messenger. Thanks for posting.

*The Game Is On*

Level 25: Hard Hitter

• Thank you for the information @Martin-O2 
  • I text and will keep this in mind.   TT

Topics: 547

I think the video could have given more info on emojis. Yes it explained character count but could have mentioned what happens to the character count when inserting one emoji.

Nevertheless, very useful video.

@jonsie wrote:

I think the video could have given more info on emojis. Yes it explained character count but could have mentioned what happens to the character count when inserting one emoji.

Nevertheless, very useful video.

Yes I agree @jonsie. Particularly as emojis are the main reason a SMS converts to MMS.

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

Good point @jonsie and one I never thought of because I don't text. One of the reasons I don't text is I like to use emojis and using them in texts turns the SMS into an MMS. Should be mentioned in the video as so many people don't realise this.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 250
Kudos: 421

Thank you very much for this post @Martin-O2 

I do not have Whatsap purposely - just something else I don't need

I do text a lot ... why ? ... it's easy to do, I do not have very many of my personal contacts email addresses & telephoning them is sometimes inconvenient for the call receiver ... & ... my medical communications come through by text

I am well aware that I get a nominal charge for using emojis ... it doesn't bother me 

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Level 25: Hard Hitter

[ Edited ]

Well said @WispaRed7
I don't need any other app to communicate but appreciate others may wish to use facilities like WhatsApp, Facebook etc. Text is a great way to communicate. I like using emojis too sometimes. Voice calls are probably going out of fashion as the person isn't always available or can't answer.
A text is convenient.
One friend has got used to email so that's fine too, as it arrives at my phone and can be answered from my phone.

Edited to say that 

Important appointment reminders and parcel arrivals also come through text too 👍

@TallTrees wrote:

Important appointment reminders and parcel arrivals also come through text too 👍

Yes they do @TallTrees and sometimes with the important appointment reminders you have to text back with Y on N re your attendance.  A few courier companies will text and email to state time of delivery.

*The Game Is On*