O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

O2 Wallet

Level 2: Apprentice
Grim
Accepted Solution

Verified by Visa Shambles

Making a transaction online- got to the part verified by Visa- entered my pay password three times and got locked out.  I know the password was the correct one. Called o2 all I got was they want ID sent in. HA . They allow me to set up the account, load money into the account, buy a physical card, send it to the registered address along with the pin number, and I go through this shambles online.  NOW, they want ID,  NOT at the time of application  what a Joke this is.

Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

Re: Verified by Visa Shambles

[ Edited ]

You will have been verified at the time of application, and after for whatever reason, your account is locked, they are required to do it again to protect you.

You don't use your Pay Password for VBV, and you must have registered with VBV and have one of their passwords too.

More on VBV and how it works here:

http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/verified_by_visa/how_it_works.aspx

Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.2
Please use plain text.
Grim

I'm kind of understanding this . There's a Wallet sign in password and a separate PAY password.   When I applied for the physical o2 card there was no option to set up the VBV passwords.  I just assumed that I used my Wallet PAY password for VBV.  Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
perksie

Normally you set up VBV the first time you use the card if asked to, sites like Amazon don't use it, and it has it's own password.

Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.2
Please use plain text.
Level 4: Observant
iooiuk

Grim wrote:

Making a transaction online- got to the part verified by Visa- entered my pay password three times and got locked out. 

what a Joke this is.

So approx the same thime as you start this thread, you start one asking what ID you need to get a 02 card...... As you don't have a bank account....

Now i smell someone telling pork pies....

Please use plain text.
Grim

What's the point of applying for an o2 Money card if one already has a bank account Credit/ Debit cards to use regarding transactions?      You can Load money on the  o2card from an o2 shop or PayPoint outlet or, with permission, Bank of Mum and dads Debit card... Porky

Please use plain text.
Level 4: Observant
iooiuk

Grim wrote:

What's the point of applying for an o2 Money card if one already has a bank account Credit/ Debit cards to use regarding transactions?     

Beacause it allows a limited spend, has contactless facility. Something many debit card don't have at the moment.

Is more secure when you go out on a night out, as there is a limit to the amount that can be taken from the account. Unlike a bank account, if stolen.

Need I go on.....

You still did not answer how you can have issues with VBV, yet be asking what is required to apply for a card at the same time ????

So do you have a card, or are you applying for a card.

Please use plain text.
perksie

[ Edited ]

Grim wrote:

What's the point of applying for an o2 Money card if one already has a bank account Credit/ Debit cards to use regarding transactions?      You can Load money on the  o2card from an o2 shop or PayPoint outlet or, with permission, Bank of Mum and dads Debit card... Porky

You told us before that you already had one! :smileyfrustrated:

Are you old enough?

Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
vinnyb

whenever i use verify by visa it doesn`t remember my password, i have to make a new password every time, it never used to be like this, i had the same password for ages

Please use plain text.
perksie

Your VBV password shouldn't change, does your memorable phrase come up?

Either way I should report it to them on 10202.

Please use plain text.