O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Home Broadband & Home Phone

Level 2: Apprentice
19danny94

unbearable connection

Around 4days ago my net has really slowed down for no reason for gaming and browsing the web sometimes it takes 5mins just to load a page is there anyone else experiencing these problems.
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 212
Kudos: 891
Solutions: 973

Re: unbearable connection

many threads this is what is shown on the o2 status page now
Reported Details Status
13/02/2012
15:30 Slow Speeds browsing
We currently have users experiencing issues with slow speeds whilst browsing the internet. We are aware of this and are working hard to resolve this issue. We apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing you. Ongoing
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
19danny94

Thanks so much for the reply wonder how long it will take :smileytongue:?
Please use plain text.
volatileangel20

Thanks so much for the reply wonder how long it will take :smileytongue:?

Well, this has been going on for a long time already, with it affecting plenty of people severely since Friday. They only admitted they had a problem on Monday.
They seem to suggest that it's one piece of equipment, but how long does it take to change it?
Please use plain text.
Level 22: Usually online
Guest2

They seem to suggest that it's one piece of equipment, but how long does it take to change it?

It's probably something that neither Screwfix or Argos stock :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
perksie
Topics: 229
Solutions: 1,536

Wilkinson's have most things, I'm sure they could help! :smileyvery-happy:
Update 5.08pm today:
http://beusergroup.co.uk/?id=825
Please support the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal to send help to the Philippines.
Text DEC to 70000 (free text) to donate £5 or online: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Legacy O2 Simplicity 20 - O2 Wallet - Nexus 4 Android 4.4.2
Please use plain text.
volatileangel20

Four days and it's still not fixed.
It annoys me that they're playing this down. For people like me who rely on my internet connection for an income, the fact that something that usually takes 10 minutes now takes an hour (if I can access the required site AT ALL) is not acceptable.
This isn't just a matter of hitting refresh or the back button to load it again - there are sites that will not load at all. I set up a VPS for a client on Friday, and I haven't been able to access the machine at all to start work.
Why did it take me directly asking a tech person from o2 to get them to confirm that my area is affected? Why hasn't o2 stated that this is a national issue? Why are the cancellation staff still not aware of this problem? Why did BE know about this on Saturday, but Sunday the o2 tech adviser I spoke to wasted several hours of my day getting me to change DNS settings and resetting my router?
Please use plain text.
Level 22: Usually online
Guest2

For people like me who rely on my internet connection for an income

So you're running a business on a residential connection, you don't have a back up connection and you're criticising O2 :smileyindifferent:
A business connection would have service guarantees and possibly a compensation clause which residential connections don't have.....they're a little more expensive but pay for themselves when it's your livelihood.
Please use plain text.
volatileangel20

For people like me who rely on my internet connection for an income

So you're running a business on a residential connection, you don't have a back up connection and you're criticising O2 :smileyindifferent:
A business connection would have service guarantees and possibly a compensation clause which residential connections don't have.....they're a little more expensive but pay for themselves when it's your livelihood.

After 6 years of reliable service from o2, and having an o2 backup wireless dongle for any fixed-line problems, I really didn't think it was required.
Obviously, now that I'm migrating from o2 to a more reliable service, I'm willing to pay more for stability and continuity.
Isn't it a little hypocritical to be diverting the blame to a paying customer, when o2 obviously haven't got the capability to rectify this issue adequately, or even admit the problem?
My customers have a right to complain to me about me not completing the work they request, that is indeed my responsibility.
It's o2's responsibility to maintain the service that I am paying them for. Regardless of my usage of it.
I have inconvenienced my customers through not having a back-up plan, which I now understand. But o2 have failed many thousands of customers in the same way, for four days, while not admitting their problem, and not providing adequate information.
I didn't waste my customers time by sending them on a wild goose-chase. o2 did that to me on Sunday pretending that the problem was mine alone. Even though BE had already reported a national problem.
Please use plain text.
CMark

BE are now saying its a router error...
I bet they are using a Belkin :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.