Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The next Galaxy - Wed 29th March

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

As many of you know, Samsung will be holding one of their 'Unpacked' events today, 29th March where they will unveil the next Galaxy. But what will it be? What will we see? Check out some rumours we've seen from other tech sites here.

What we can tell you is that we'll be in attendance at the event to find out everything we can about it. We'll be posting live updates from the O2 Twitter and O2UK Snapchat accounts which is where you'll get first looks at official new features or specs. We'll also keep you all updated here on the O2 Community as and when we know more.

So, what do you think will be unveilved? Any interesting specs or features you're expecting or hoping to see? Let us know if there's anything particular about the device you want to know about and we'll do our best to find out for you.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I am not getting technical @Chris_K (God forbid) Smiley Very Happy...I just think the S8 has to be the best Samsung have ever produced as they are going to be under so much scrutiny after the Note 7 fiasco. 

I wont be getting one as I am perfectly happy with my Note 4......but I'm hoping this S8 astounds us all with some superlative features. tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Oops!!

http://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s8-user-guide-leak-reveals-pretty-much-everything

All sounds pretty good to me though slight_smile Just a shame it rather spoils the suspense of the launch event!

Not sure it would win me over from Huawei (I'm loving the Leica partnership too much slight_smile ) but some cracking advancements which have certainly got my attention. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 3 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'm very excited to see what they have come up with! Currently using an S6 Edge (which is great) so it will be good to see what the latest handset has to offer slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 14

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
So it's official Samsung's latest flagship phones are the Galaxy S8 and S8+.

Very little info at this stage but according to the BBC Red Button Technology page the phones' screens are larger and bigger although the phones are smaller than the S7 and S7 Edge.

Also the home button has gone and a virtual assistant introduced. And both models have displays thst curve round the phones' sides. Can't quite picture this but it could be cool.

No more info at the moment. Am waiting to hear from Samsung with more detail as I registered interest on their next smartphone..

I am desperate for a new phone and this could be it - hopefully.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/The-next-Galaxy-Wed-29th-March/m-p/1045785
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 14

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thanks @MI5 I didn't check Welcome News. I've read the blurb and this is definitely going to be my new phone just have to decide between the S8 and S8+. It'll be a question of cost, of course.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have just looked on the Samsung website at both the S8 and S8+

S8 - £689 (Midnight Black or Orchid Grey)

S8+ £779 (Same colours)

If ordered before April 19th you will get it 7 days early

Options to pay are either outright or via 2 different payment plans.

All the above is info if you buy from Samsung directly

There are links to other retailers included

http://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-s8/?cid=uk_email_productlaunch_dream-unpack-e1-sim10177...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
A fair bit cheaper than some other phones too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I must say I'm very temped by this. It's a lovely looking handset slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 14