Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie ofcom let o2 off the hook for non resedintial buildings

"at indoor locations that meet the condition specified in paragraph 6(b)(ii) of this Schedule, which are within any residential premises within the area specified in paragraph 6(a)(i) of this Schedule."

source https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your-licence/radiocommunication-licences/mobile-wireless-broadband/u... cannot direct link due to community personal info filters

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 221 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can use BT SmartTalk for outgoing calls over wifi on my mobile phone (because I have a BT land line).

No solution for incoming calls, though. Very poor.

Message 222 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear friend

Thank you for your such a nice post. I want to lodge a similar complaint as you did. I don't know as to what can I do. One of the reasons (amongst others) for me to use O2 is their TuGo app. I am really gutted (like many others).  Do you know who did you make your complaint with (and how)?

Also, is there any other app like Tugo. I travel abroad a lot. Tugo is perfect for travelling abroad with Tugo I stay connected without paying a single penny extra. I know Whatsapp and Viber etc are apps that I could use but I cannot call landline with these apps. Does anyone know there is a similar app?

Regards

Message 223 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@AnonymousThere is no similar app available from O2. There is however something very similar from Three. (Three in Touch) http://www.three.co.uk/discover/three_intouch

It also can be used with older handsets. I don't think it can be used abroad though. One of our members @MI5 is giving it a try this week.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 224 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know people have suggested using alternatives such as Whatsapp etc but they do not work in the same manner of TuGo. They require the person to have the same app (ie Whatsapp) and to use that app when calling or contacting you. So someone collang me from a standard landlibe wouldnt be able to contact me at home where I have zero normal o2 signal. Even those calling me on a mobile will need to remember that if they wish to contact me they MUST use third part app (Whatsapp). Trust me my 90year old grandfather wont remember that and he is pretty switched on. 

Message 225 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I know people have suggested using alternatives such as Whatsapp etc but they do not work in the same manner of TuGo. They require the person to have the same app (ie Whatsapp) and to use that app when calling or contacting you. So someone collang me from a standard landlibe wouldnt be able to contact me at home where I have zero normal o2 signal. Even those calling me on a mobile will need to remember that if they wish to contact me they MUST use third part app (Whatsapp). Trust me my 90year old grandfather wont remember that and he is pretty switched on. 

Totally agree @Anonymous. Additionally if you run a business you can't instruct your clients to contact you via Whatsapp. Not a particularly good business practice.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 226 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

The CEO and his active  email address to complain to., is here:

https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9614

I doubt it will do any good the Company is in absolute chaos at the top. Important people have left, value is ebbing away from the business just as Telefonica plan to sell the Company on the stock market.

Message 227 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
I left EE and returned to O2 partly because WiFI calling on EE was not as good as TuGo.

Until now O2 Customser Sevice was also much better. EE is grim.
Message 228 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very good. TuGO was also used by sales staff in O2 shops
Message 229 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only O2 option that may work is to get an O2 BOostbox, but these are only available to business customers.

I spoke to,customer services who told me that to change to a business account I would have to pay off any ballance on our phone contract, and they could not give me the costs of a business account.

I am waiting for a manager to call me back to discuss this further.

Crazy system seems like a real own goal, even the support operator thought the policy was crazy and said thy are counting the number of complaints they get in the hope of management listening so suggest you cal 202 and register your concerns!!

Message 230 of 1,062