Did you mean: 

Roam like at home goes live today!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

I have some fantastic news for those who are lucky enough to be off on their summer holidays soon! You can now use your phone abroad in our Europe Zone destinations as you would in the UK at no extra cost. Billed as the biggest EU regulatory change we have ever undertaken, you can travel to 47 European destinations without incurring roaming charges.

Your data, minutes and text allowances will work in O2’s Europe Zone destinations just like they do at home. If you go over your allowances you can add a data bolt on as you would in the UK and your minutes/texts will be charged at the standard domestic retail rate.

Check out the community roaming guides for contract and pay as you go

There's also some info on the O2 website here

Is anyone off on holiday soon and will be taking advantage of roaming?

What devices will you be roaming on? 

Will you be using roaming for work or a personal holiday? 

Let us know in the comments below slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

There will be lots enjoying these fantastic new benefits before me I'm sure, however I'm off to Fuerteventura at the end of July for 10 days, and looking forward to trying out the new roaming deal. 

I'll be taking my trusty Huawei P9 plus, and will also have my O2 Xperia Z4 tablet with me - little bit disappointed that tablet contracts aren't enabled for roaming if I'm being honest as it would have been nice to be able to download a new Kindle/Audible book from the comfort of my beach sunlounger, but I'm sure I'll cope, haha.

For me it's purely a holiday - lots of sun, sea and sangria no doubt. Although I will of course use the benefit of free roaming to keep in touch with work, and to keep up to date with the goings on here in the communuity too! wink 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 2 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
A few on here already this morning not very impressed at all tbh........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has there been any confirmation from O2 yet if roaming has that stupid speed restriction after 50MB?

I called Vodafone to make sure my phone is set up for International Roaming as i'm off to Crete this Sunday and they said "have a good holiday.....have an extra 2GB data to use on us". Now THATS service....I didn't even have to ask!!

Message 4 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Sounds awesome @Wa10! perfect timing for some great weather too! I've never been to Fuerteventura but it's on my wish list! 

@MI5 Yes we'll be passing on all the feedback on roaming so if you have any thought's yourself feel free to let us know slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 31

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

@Martin-O2 I've got my eyes on the weather a lot closer to home at the moment...with everything crossed that it stays dry next week for Glasto! You're right though, should be glorious out there I'm hoping. slight_smile Never been myself, but will let you know how it is - quite a bargain as well compared to some of the bigger "tourist destinations". 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 6 of 31

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@MI5 Yes we'll be passing on all the feedback on roaming so if you have any thought's yourself feel free to let us know slight_smile

I'm not planning on being abroad until end of July but will feedback then.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Wa10 I think you'll be in luck. There's a run of great weather forecast. Hopefully it will hold for Glasto! I look forward to hearing about it! Not too far to go either, any idea on how long the flight is? 

Much appreciated @MI5 slight_smile

signature

Message 8 of 31

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

@Martin-O2 It's about 4.5 hours from Manchester, so possibly nearer to 4 from down south. Also my first time flying with a couple of the budget airlines (Monarch and Ryanair), so will be an interesting experience all around I'm sure. Looking at taking a trip over to Lanzarote for a tour around the volcano whilst we're over there, which should add a bit of interest alongside the sun and beer. wink 

Message 9 of 31

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Has there been any confirmation from O2 yet if roaming has that stupid speed restriction after 50MB?

I called Vodafone to make sure my phone is set up for International Roaming as i'm off to Crete this Sunday and they said "have a good holiday.....have an extra 2GB data to use on us". Now THATS service....I didn't even have to ask!!

How is the roaming experience on Vodafone @Anonymous? It must be better than O2.... 

Good on them giving an extra 2Gb too 😉

Message 10 of 31