Did you mean: 

O2 World Chat - New update out now

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey everyone,

We’ve got a great new O2 World Chat app uthat's that's now live and we wanted to let you know all about it.

What’s ‘O2 World Chat’?
O2 World Chat is an app designed for iPhone & Android smartphones that gives you some of the best international rates available in the market. You no longer need to swap between SIM’s to get cheap international calls, or remember and type out long PIN numbers. Just use the O2 World Chat app and you’ll have great international calling rates to mobiles and landlines, across the world.

Not got the app yet? Get it here: http://o2.uk/worldchat 

What’s new in the update?
As well as some general bug fixes and improvements to make the app even better than before, the two main new updates are
- The World Chat app now has a unique referral system where users can refer friends, family or colleagues and both you and the person you’re referring will receive £2.50 credit after each successful signup, providing you’ve topped up with a minimum of £5
- We’ve now included an easy way of you providing feedback. After using some of the apps features, you’ll be asked if you’re happy with it and you’ll then be able to leave an app rating/review, or contact us if you’re needing any assistance with the app

FAQ’s for earning credit via referrals
Who is eligible for the free credit?
- Any user of O2 World Chat who has made at least 1 top-up of £5 or more

How can I refer people?
- In the ‘More’ section of the app, you can share the app via the social media or direct messaging buttons.

How quickly will I get my free credit?
- Once your friend has downloaded the app and made their first top up of £5 or more, both users will receive their free credit within 24-48 hours.

Is there a limit to how many friends I can refer?
- No, there is no limit to how many friends you share the app with.

What happens if I refer a friend who already has a registered O2 World Chat account?
- You cannot earn free credit by referring friends who have already registered for the app.

Will my free credit expire?
- No, once you have your credit, you can use it when you want.

How can I use my free credit?
- Your free credit will be added to your standard credit. It will however be displayed in your credit history as a separate transaction.

Sounds great. Where is it?
If you’ve already got the app, make sure you update to the latest version. New to O2 World Chat? Head on over here to get it

Feel free to share your thoughts with us on O2 World Chat or even just around this new update – like the chance of getting free credit by getting friends & family to use it?

Think you’ll call friends/family abroad more often? Whatever feedback, comments or suggestions you have, we’d love to hear from you – so please comment below.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Just a short update - If any of you have been trying to use the referral function to gain free credit, we're currently aware of an issue with it not providing the correct referral link. This is something our team are investigating and hope to have resolved soon.

In the meantime you can continue using O2 World Chat to benefit from great international call rates, and we'll let you know once the new referral feature is working again.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 2 of 7

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Just to update you, the referral feature issue we reported on has been fixed, so you can now refer your friends and family to enjoy the great benefits of World Chat and earn yourself a little bit of credit at the same time! Get the app here

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

This one's dead, Jim:

Screenshot_20190302-084551.jpg

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also Tugo...There again @pgn  if you keep digging up old threads, then there's a great deal of dead wood...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I've been browsing "Dead Wood Central", @Cleoriff @, accessible a short way down the new Community Homepage (overlooking the merits or otherwise of the band photo or photoband... rolling_eyes

Screenshot_20190302-093912__01.jpg

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Deadwood Central @pgn  Brilliant name LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7