Did you mean: 

O2 System Updates - What you need to know

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

MAIN.png

We’ve always been passionate about putting the customer at the heart of everything we do. And we continue to invest in a brighter future for our customers. We’re currently updating our systems so that we can be even more innovative, efficient and streamlined. So that our customers can enjoy better experiences in every single one of our channels – and, for the first time, enjoy multi-channel experiences. See below some of the main benefits that our customers will enjoy:

• Better customer service. Advisors in our stores and our call centres will have a complete view of customer accounts, their status, queries and orders (incl. historic and pending online orders). We’ll be able to help and advise customers in exactly the same way whether they choose to come to one of our retail stores, phone customer service or seek help online.
  • Better sales experience. Customers will be able to order products and services in one channel and complete in another (for example they can start online, move products in to their basket, and complete the purchase in one of our stores).
  • Quicker development of new products for our customers. Our systems will be more streamlined, allowing us to be more innovative, efficient and allowing us to deliver new products and services to market faster than ever before.

Header1.png

We’ve been working hard on these system updates and we’re excited about delivering positive change for our customers over the coming months. We’ll be monitoring things closely and we’ll be able to make further enhancements in line with customer feedback.

Header2.png

We’re intending that much of this will involve work in the background (meaning no impact on the customer – they do not have to do anything). However, as part of this process we have also identified some instances that could mean a customer will only benefit from the upgraded experience after taking action themselves following a request or communication from us. If this is the case, we will be communicating with impacted customers directly over the coming months and will provide guidance and support throughout.

Headers.png

As always customers can also contact us via our various support methods (by phone, webchat, in-store, or via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram). And of course they can seek help right here on the O2 Community from our community members.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Pipstop78
Level 9: Fired up
  • 526 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Fantastic news thank you 

Message 2 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Does that include streamlining the returns process, @Chris_K?

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device#1

Screenshot_20220514-205216.png

As you can see, the process is heavily dependent on what channel you made your purchase through at the minute...

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

The problem is not all shops are o2 owned, quite a few are franchise operated... 

So this would be an even bigger nightmare for an o2 customer.... Shop A can take it back, Shop B cant...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

System updates?

Mmmmmm. is this all part of the shenaningans we are all experiencing when trying to access the forum, in terms of the signing in process @Chris_K ? I use a pc (not everyone uses their mobiles for everything!) I sign in and am presented with a security check where i am meant to put in a code sent to mobile. There is no box to insert the code on pc. Luckily I can see I am signed in and have to use another link to get to the home page!

This morning I used my mobile to access the forum. I was asked to change my password. Why? I wouldn't do that because I had no idea how it would affect signing in on PC.

Thought I'd mention this as it's all part of Customer Service. It certainly isn't 'impressing me much.'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

The problem is not all shops are o2 owned, quite a few are franchise operated... 

So this would be an even bigger nightmare for an o2 customer.... Shop A can take it back, Shop B cant...

Franchises are part of O2's MO, or operating model - so no, they should all be treated the same. I have 3 stores near me, 2 genuine O2, one Franchise - and the Franchise shop makes you feel welcome, whatever the issue, the next nearest O2 (non-franchise) shop has a much less engaging approach, especially since they lost their guru during the COVID lockdown. The other O2 Shop is a 2-person affair, and also has a very helpful can-do attitude in those staff, within the constraints in which such a small outlet has to operate.

No - for the customer, who only wants a phone, a good (and the right!) deal, or a problem fixed, the customer cares not what the ownership is, just that it has a large O2 Shop sign outside.

I don't expect my Big Mac to be any differently-built just because the Golden Arches I entered is a franchise and not a "genuine" McDonalds. Ditto for flying: "British Airways operated by CityFlyer", "British Airways operated by Loganair" and genuine British Airways should, unless advertised otherwise, offer the same levels of service and courtesy - smaller aircraft, perhaps, but still, for all intents and purposes, the BA brand we all know and ... well, you get the idea 😉

Message 6 of 8

Pipstop78
Level 9: Fired up
  • 526 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I couldn't get on last night but managed tonight even though I had to change my password yet again 

Message 7 of 8

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Now here's a question for those nice guys'n'gals on the O2 Sales Support team, when trying to streamline the experience in-store vs on-line, *and* with PAYG in the frame:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/How-to-talk-to-a-human-on-live-chat/m-p/1614754/highligh...

Be interested to see the response - as the community Forum gets the short end of the stick in all these instances, @Chris_K and @Martin-O2 for info.

Message 8 of 8