Did you mean: 

Nougat, coming soon to Samsung S7 & S7 edge

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi Guys,

As some will have already seen, the Android Nougat update will soon become IS NOW available for Samsung S7 devices that were bought from O2. I wanted to create this official update thread to help keep all discussions in the one place and help others more easily find the information they're looking for.

unnamed.pngsamsung_galaxys7_heroCard_foreground.png

When, Chris, WHEN?!?!
We sent our approved update to Samsung last week and we're expecting the update to go live very soon - hopefully over the next few days. See the 20th Feb update down below!

What can I do to pass the time?
While you're waiting, here's some of the awesome Nougat features & changes you can expect to see on your S7, very soon:
http://news.o2.co.uk/2017/01/27/nougat-coming-soon-samsung-s7/

What next?
Once you've got the update available, be sure to create a backup (better to be safe than sorry!) and then jump right in. Please do let us know how you get on, if you encounter any issues, and what features/changes you like or dislike.

20th February Update

Hello all you Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 edge folks.

Firstly, thanks for everyones patience. We had hoped for this to be available a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately due to some unforeseen delays, our update was pushed back a little. But we're pleased to confirm that as of today the update should now be available.

I'm installing it on my own S7 edge right this very moment. If you'll be installing Nougat on your S7 device, please do let us know how you get on and what your fave new changes or features are.

Some notes:
- It's a 1GB+ download so make sure you download over a strong Wifi connection
- Major updates such as this can take a while to install, so don't fret if it takes 30-60min+
- We'd always recommend to install on a full charge
- Always back up your data before installing updates. Though we don't expect you'll have any issues, it's better to be safe than sorry
- If you use old games/apps that haven't been updated for Nougat compatibility, you may find these have reduced functionality, may crash, or may not work at all

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 160
159 REPLIES 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do we lose our warranty if c we flash BTU ?
Message 81 of 160

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Only if you trip Knox. The risk is entirely yours I'm afraid. Personally I would and am waiting.

Message 82 of 160

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I'll wait till Monday for this coming soon update If nothing I'll flash.The thing holding me back is I've read BTU has Facebook preinstalled which I don't use it.
Message 83 of 160

MI5
  • 144422 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Only if you trip Knox.

Or get it wrong and brick it!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 84 of 160

Cleoriff
  • 122975 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Bit of a risk really. Need a bit more patience....probably

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 85 of 160

MI5
  • 144422 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Unless you are used to it and know what you're doing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 86 of 160

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can confirm Facebook does come pre-installed unfortunately. As long as u don't trip Knox, u won't lose warranty. But as it's a genuine Samsung firmware, u should b fine.
Message 87 of 160

MI5
  • 144422 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I agree but we should always point out the risks and never encourage anyone who isn't comfortable with the process.
I've flashed 100's of phones and things do go wrong, even with official firmwares, so if you don't know how to unbrick it you are stuffed!

Currently using:
Message 88 of 160

Stevoc19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I understand it's out of O2's control but it's nearly 4 weeks since you said you sent update to Samsung. Anyone an idea of what's the holdup? Surely it can't be that time consuming to push the update?
Message 89 of 160

MI5
  • 144422 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I guess only Samsung can answer that one!

Currently using:
Message 90 of 160