Did you mean: 

Nougat, coming soon to Samsung S7 & S7 edge

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi Guys,

As some will have already seen, the Android Nougat update will soon become IS NOW available for Samsung S7 devices that were bought from O2. I wanted to create this official update thread to help keep all discussions in the one place and help others more easily find the information they're looking for.

unnamed.pngsamsung_galaxys7_heroCard_foreground.png

When, Chris, WHEN?!?!
We sent our approved update to Samsung last week and we're expecting the update to go live very soon - hopefully over the next few days. See the 20th Feb update down below!

What can I do to pass the time?
While you're waiting, here's some of the awesome Nougat features & changes you can expect to see on your S7, very soon:
http://news.o2.co.uk/2017/01/27/nougat-coming-soon-samsung-s7/

What next?
Once you've got the update available, be sure to create a backup (better to be safe than sorry!) and then jump right in. Please do let us know how you get on, if you encounter any issues, and what features/changes you like or dislike.

20th February Update

Hello all you Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 edge folks.

Firstly, thanks for everyones patience. We had hoped for this to be available a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately due to some unforeseen delays, our update was pushed back a little. But we're pleased to confirm that as of today the update should now be available.

I'm installing it on my own S7 edge right this very moment. If you'll be installing Nougat on your S7 device, please do let us know how you get on and what your fave new changes or features are.

Some notes:
- It's a 1GB+ download so make sure you download over a strong Wifi connection
- Major updates such as this can take a while to install, so don't fret if it takes 30-60min+
- We'd always recommend to install on a full charge
- Always back up your data before installing updates. Though we don't expect you'll have any issues, it's better to be safe than sorry
- If you use old games/apps that haven't been updated for Nougat compatibility, you may find these have reduced functionality, may crash, or may not work at all

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 160
159 REPLIES 159

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good to see O2 support for Samsung devices.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 160

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for this update @Chris_K.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 160

Zoon
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Looking forward to seeing the update for the S7 edge. Will it be the 7.0.0 or 7.1.1? The best part of the update will be the ability to put to sleep the apps you don't ever use to conserve battery life.
Message 5 of 160

PhilLFC85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 6 of 160

PhilLFC85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Will we get the january security update as well seems were still running on the december one?
Message 7 of 160

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey Phil, we always look to turn Google security updates around to Samsung (and others) with urgency, so you'll always get these at same time or very soon after it's made available to unlocked / sim-free devices.

Just a heads up folks - a small bug was discovered that's caused a short delay in Samsung releasing the Nougat update to S7 devices. We're hopeful to see it soon, but i'll keep you posted slight_smile

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 8 of 160

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im a bit confused as im still on the november the 1st android security patch. Did the December one get skipped? Ive checked for updates multiple times.
Message 9 of 160

Zoon
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Should be the 1st December security patch looking on my S7 edge 👽
Message 10 of 160