As some will have already seen, the Android Nougat update
will soon become IS NOW available for Samsung S7 devices that were bought from O2. I wanted to create this official update thread to help keep all discussions in the one place and help others more easily find the information they're looking for.
When, Chris, WHEN?!?!
We sent our approved update to Samsung last week and we're expecting the update to go live very soon - hopefully over the next few days. See the 20th Feb update down below!
What can I do to pass the time?
While you're waiting, here's some of the awesome Nougat features & changes you can expect to see on your S7, very soon:
Once you've got the update available, be sure to create a backup (better to be safe than sorry!) and then jump right in. Please do let us know how you get on, if you encounter any issues, and what features/changes you like or dislike.
20th February Update
Hello all you Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 edge folks.
Firstly, thanks for everyones patience. We had hoped for this to be available a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately due to some unforeseen delays, our update was pushed back a little. But we're pleased to confirm that as of today the update should now be available.
I'm installing it on my own S7 edge right this very moment. If you'll be installing Nougat on your S7 device, please do let us know how you get on and what your fave new changes or features are.
- It's a 1GB+ download so make sure you download over a strong Wifi connection
- Major updates such as this can take a while to install, so don't fret if it takes 30-60min+
- We'd always recommend to install on a full charge
- Always back up your data before installing updates. Though we don't expect you'll have any issues, it's better to be safe than sorry
- If you use old games/apps that haven't been updated for Nougat compatibility, you may find these have reduced functionality, may crash, or may not work at all
Hey Phil, we always look to turn Google security updates around to Samsung (and others) with urgency, so you'll always get these at same time or very soon after it's made available to unlocked / sim-free devices.
Just a heads up folks - a small bug was discovered that's caused a short delay in Samsung releasing the Nougat update to S7 devices. We're hopeful to see it soon, but i'll keep you posted
Track usage, upgrade and get support with the My O2 appDownload My O2