Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Home Page & Other Improvements

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey everyone! How is your Thursday going?

If you noticed a few changes to the Community today, don't worry, it's not your imagination. We're really pleased to officially announce an updated version of our O2 Community Home page! smiling

Many of you have provided valuable feedback about the home page over the past few months and we wanted to say a big thank you! kissing_heart

We have made sure to include as much of it as possible in this version and continue working towards future improvements. Here a short list of changes! 

• The Knowledge Base, which sounded a little too technical, is now called Content created by our Community with its How to Guides and Reviews boards.
  • We have separated Pay Monthly and Pay as You Go boards as per your wishes for clarity when helping with related member queries.
  • O2 Home is no longer at the top of the page (it will be archived anyway later since the service is closing), instead, we have a link to the News board and to the make a new post page at the top.
  • Additionally, you can see a carousel at the top where we can now better highlight interesting info, discussions, member-created guides or device reviews.
  • We have also made some improvements to the mobile experience in general, for example, you should now be able to edit your own posts in the mobile view. thumbsup

Please note also that the Ideas section has now been archived which was also something that was asked about. Thank you very much everyone who posted an idea or voted for one, it's much appreciated!

Please do continue posting and discussing your ideas and feedback in the Feedback board. We do love to hear all you have to say and we make sure all your feedback is shared with O2. slight_smile

Let us know what you think of these changes, and as always, keep your feedback coming.

Thanks!

----- Things noticed so far ----- UPDATES

Things that don’t work as expected:

• Mobile view: “Add comment” button in each post on mobile only adds a comment technically to the first post in the thread. This makes it impossible to quote a specific reply.
  • Full view on mobile: need to press the emojis several times to be able to add to post. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • "Users Online" isn't working. There's no clickable link to see who is online and if you hover over the images they are all N/A. Link to "view all" is missing. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Error when trying to access My O2 on Firefox: "The page isn't redirecting properly"
  • Delays noticed in the Latest Topics section

Missing functionality:

• Mobile view: Access to emojis is only possible in edit mode. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Mobile view: Cannot add photos. FIXED

Improvements:

• Wording at the top of the page: lack of clear info that the community is not Customer Service.
  • Make full view default on mobile, as it seems to be more user-friendly and include more options.
  • Edit button should be visible only when the editing window is still open. FIXED
  • Latest Topics section taking a lot of space on home page.

Message 1 of 388
387 REPLIES 387

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Marjo I am viewing this on my PC. The home page looks ok so far ..except for one major point.

Many of us asked for information, clearly displayed, advising members we weren't customer services.

However, this section (top right hand side of page)

Home page O2.JPG

may well encourage new members to think we are customer services?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 388

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thank you for that @Cleoriff! We'll collate all the feedback and include this too. thumbsup

Message 3 of 388

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I'm viewing the new homepage on my mobile. It looks good, though I agree with @Cleoriff's comment above as I had the same impression when reading the wording at the top of the page.

Will be very pleased to be able to edit my posts in mobile view rather than having to rush to full view when I've seen a typo or wish to add or change a sentence.

So, so far so good 😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 388

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This isn't to do with home page layout but I have noticed this change on unread posts

Unread posts 28th.JPG

For those who can't actually see it...there is a colour change (pale green) on the LAST unread post. First time I have seen that?

I really don't want to take the home page thread off topic...but thought I would mention it here as I wonder if anyone is seeing the same (I am on laptop)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 388

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Just noticed something. Under Get Help with O2 Products and Services TU is shown. As this is no longer offered will that not confuse new members. I appreciate that when you click on it the first thing you see is that the TU Board is closing 31st December but why is it there at all? Today is 28th December so the Board is closing in 3 days. Am I missing something?

Message 6 of 388

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
...  Will be very pleased to be able to edit my posts in mobile view rather than having to rush to full view when I've seen a typo or wish to add or change a sentence.

Thanks @Glory1! You should be able to edit from your mobile soon... we are still working on it thumbsup

@Cleoriff wrote:

For those who can't actually see it...there is a colour change (pale green) on the LAST unread post. First time I have seen that? ...

Yes @Cleoriff, SOLVED topics now have a colour change (pale green). More to come! wink

@Glory1 wrote:
Just noticed something. Under Get Help with O2 Products and Services TU is shown. As this is no longer offered will that not confuse new members. I appreciate that when you click on it the first thing you see is that the TU Board is closing 31st December but why is it there at all? Today is 28th December so the Board is closing in 3 days. Am I missing something?

It should be there! Astounded

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 388

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

I think that comment relates to @MercedesS stating that the board would close on 31st December @Glory1

As I understood it, after that date people will no longer be able to post more comments about the demise of Tu

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 388

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes, I can see the pale green on unread posts on my mobile too. Thanks for the explanation @MercedesS

Message 9 of 388

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think that comment relates to @MercedesS stating that the board would close on 31st December @Glory1

As I understood it, after that date people will no longer be able to post more comments about the demise of Tu

@Cleoriff, we are closing the board not the comments wink You can always post on the main topic here or use the feedback section here

@Glory1 wrote:
Yes, I can see the pale green on unread posts on my mobile too. Thanks for the explanation @MercedesS

As @Marjo said, we'll collate all the feedback. Keep it coming! Thanks!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 10 of 388