Did you mean: 

My O2 Overhaul for Pay&Go Customers

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Over the last few months we’ve been working to make some big improvements to My O2 for our Pay & Go customers.

You may have already noticed a number of changes but if not here’s a summary:

• We’ve launched a refreshed allowance and home page on our MyO2 app
  • We’ve introduced the ability for PAYG customers to add and remove PAYG bolt on’s
  • PAYG customers are now able to change their PAYG tariff from within the app.

MyO2new.png

we’re working to introduce a top up facility for customers in all My O2 channels including the app and better still you’ll be able to store your card details much like our Pay Monthly customers can do with the card wallet feature.

To accompany these changes we’ll be running some exciting prizes and incentives to encourage as many customers as possible to explore these new features so keep your eyes peeled!

So what are you waiting for? If you’re a Pay&Go customer and already registered for My O2, sign in to the app and check it out these new features today – you may need to visit your app store to ensure you’re on the latest version. The version you’re after is 8.9.2 or newer.

If you're not on My O2 yet register here

So, what do you think? Is this something you’ll use or have been waiting for? If you have any feedback about this new functionality, or about the MyO2 app in general, just let us know by leaving a comment below.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Looks good.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I'm not a PAYG customer but all those changes seem excellent @Martin-O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice changes even though this update happened a couple of weeks ago on iOS 😂😂

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

With those changes I might download again. Tbf it was useless before so anything has got to be an improvement..

but let’s see if the WiFi hotspot map has been updated...

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be a no, there’s no WiFi at what used to be our local B&Q since it closed in March 2017..

and its its now an Xercise4Less which doesn’t have any WiFi 

Message 6 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Some positive changes for PAYG customers! 

@Anonymous Thanks for the feedback re the wifi hotspot map. I'll pass this on. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
A quick suggestion reference the different types of bars available that O2 can place on accounts, as listed here by @Marjo https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Snack-Games/m-p/1112166#M146903
Could O2 add some or all of these user selectable choices to the MyO2 app so customers can control these themselves?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Giffgaff (an O2 subsidiary) which I came from does have these selectable bars in the account settings so would hope it's not too tricky to implement along with a toggle for the balance updates.

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

Giffgaff (an O2 subsidiary) which I came from does have these selectable bars in the account settings so would hope it's not too tricky to implement along with a toggle for the balance updates.

It's a regular suggestion of ours (just wait until you need to get your PAC.......)

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14