Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction of DPD PIN Code for O2 Deliveries

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

UPDATE: After us noticing some minor issues, and thanks to feedback from customers, we have paused the DPD PIN Code activity while it is reviewed. We currently have no ETA for it making a return at present.

Hey all. We wanted to let everyone know that from 10 May, we’re introducing DPD PIN Code for our Online Upgrade Deliveries and Premium Deliveries.

When a customer receives their DPD delivery updates, they’ll be advised of a 4-digit PIN Code that they will need to pass to the driver to enable the driver to hand over their delivery. The 4-digit PIN Code will be clearly displayed in your updates via SMS, DPD App or email.

How does it work?

Once the 4-digit PIN Code is given to the driver, they’ll input it into their handheld terminal and if correct, the parcel will then be handed over to you.

I don't have a 4-digit PIN?

If you don't have your 4-digit PIN Code then the driver can resend it while at your doorstep, which you can then give to the driver so the parcel can be handed over to you.

If you don't have your 4-digit PIN from your SMS, DPD App or email confirmation, and you don't have your phone handy to receive the 4-digit PIN Code, the driver will be unable to hand over the parcel.

The parcel will be re-attempted the following day or you can reschedule your delivery to a day that’s more convenient to you. If unsuccessful again the parcel will be returned to us.

I didn't provide a mobile number when I ordered

If you didn’t provide a mobile phone number at the point of order then the parcel will be delivered without the need for you to provide a pin code to the driver.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6798 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Thanks @Chris_K 

There has already been a post about this https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/New-phone/m-p/1618985#M257548

No doubt there will be more.

Good to have the information 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

This is good to hear, and something, Amazon, and even Deliveroo do, for orders... 

And should stop people saying its been delivered to the wrong house etc

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 10

gmarkj
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

And another customer with no PIN:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/iPad-Pro-exchange-return/m-p/1619069#M257573 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23218 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

The new delivery system is obviously working very well.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

TheGerbs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ordered an  WATCH yesterday, dpd asked for PIN code which clearly was for the watch cell number so impossible for me to give him the PIN code. 
Driver left frustrated as I tried to explain I Cant give him the code.

poor execution O2!! Send an PIN code as part of the new ordering process or have DPD create a one time pin to email to customer!

Message 6 of 10

Enlli
  • 6798 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

On the occasions I've had a DPD code it is DPD themselves that have generated it and included it in a text message advising of expected delivery time

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

So basically, a pin is getting sent out to the device associated with a connected phone number..

RIP watch and ipad orders

Message 8 of 10

Enlli
  • 6798 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

So basically, a pin is getting sent out to the device associated with a connected phone number..

RIP watch and ipad orders

Either to the number supplied by the customer in their details, or by email to the customers registed email address

Message 9 of 10

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

After us noticing some minor issues, and thanks to feedback from customers, we have paused the DPD PIN Code activity while it is reviewed. We currently have no ETA for it making a return at present.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 10 of 10